I'm hearing rumors -- probably third-or-more-hand -- that rotary-engined IT-compliant cars are being rejected entry in Super Touring Light for the June Sprints. As I understand it, this is due to the following regulation:

9.1.4.B "Eligibility" (p456 in May GCR):
GCR listed ITS, ITA, ITB, and ITC cars with reciprocating piston engines of 2 liters and less engine displacement, 1985 and newer, may compete in STL under their current IT specifications.
Emphasis mine. I'm hearing (remember, all rumor) is that this is being "interpreted" to mean that any ITS-C car with a rotary engine is excluded from running STL. While one can argue this is technically correct, in realty it is patently incorrect.

It is technically correct that any rotary-engined ITS-C car is not explicitly allowed into STL via the above-mentioned IT allowance. However, this "interpretation" fails to take into account 9.1.4.3.I.2 (p491, May GCR):
The Mazda 12A is permitted at 2225 lbs; Mazda 13B is permitted at 2615 lbs; no porting is permitted in either engine. The 5th and 6th intake port actuators and valves may be removed or disabled. The Mazda Renesis engine is permitted at 3000 lbs.
You will notice that the weights for the 12A and 13B, after you add the 2.5% for RWD, match that of the existing weights for the ITA and ITS RX-7s. This is no coincidence. You will also note that any car compliant to Improved Touring regulations is also compliant to Super Touring regulations (i.e., there's no mods allowed in IT that are not allowed in ST; if you see any, then let us know so we can adjust the regs accordingly.)

Ergo...if you want to run your IT-compliant rotary-engined car in Super Touring Light at the June Sprints, don't confuse the registrars by saying yours is an IT car, just tell them it's a Super Touring Light car with a rotary engine.

And go have fun.

GA