Thread: Chances of IT class above ITR

Default Chances of IT class above ITR

What are the chances of a IT class above ITR and if so, when do you think it would be formed. Was STO formed for those cars to race cars in.

If you were going to race a 350z, what class would you do it in. T2, STO or ITQ
    Hammer
    CFR
    ITA Nissan 240sx #56
    2009 Nissan GTR
    2010 Nismo 370z
    http://www.ReedNissan.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    What are the chances of a IT class above ITR and if so, when do you think it would be formed. Was STO formed for those cars to race cars in.

Considering the flaming success of ITR I'd have to ask "why?"
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

R has slowly built numbers in the SEDiv. You have to remember it came on line literally just as the economy crashed. But we have 300zxes, and Mustangs, and 944s, and 968s, and 325s, and GSRs and Celica GTSs and 911s, and Z3s out there. What were once 1 and 2 car fields are now regularly 3-4 car fields.

That said, we on the ITAC have discussed a class above R but it is probably several years away at best, and probably longer.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    If I were convinced to race a 350Z I'd probably have a look at NASA's Spec 350Z class and see what is going on over there. It just started up from what I've read, so I wouldn't expect much, but undoubtedly there is a better chance of something happening in Spec 350Z than the SCCA having an ITQ anytime soon.

There's nothing preventing a region from doing it.

K

And SEDiv already has an ITO class as well.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    Considering the flaming success of ITR I'd have to ask "why?"
    I would actually suggest that ITR is a great success. In the Regions where there are big fields, cars are being built at a proportionate rate. ITR here in the NE is now quite successful. I bet at our season finale, we see 10 cars. That is pretty damn good.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I would think you could enter ITO/ITE. The next step up really would be STU.

As soon as I get tired of spec miata, ITR is the class for me. Great class here in the NE. Good mix of cars. The cars look like great fun to drive. BMW's seem dominant though. I am carefully watching stephen's car, since I also have an RX8 already with most of the race parts, basically a Cage away from racing. But he was way off pace From the leading BMW's. Maybe this year he will have the kinks worked out. The S2000 looks strong but Steve U's car is a very expensive build. But then Cefalo showed up with basically a street car and ran really strong in his S2000. Some of the BMW look like low budget cars and run just as strong. Bens car has also been very competitive, but I don't think anyone other then him could bargain shop like he did and reproduce that car. That car could also get real expensive to build.
    I am so afraid to build the wrong car that I just continue to run SM
    Great class and will get stronger
    Kevin Anderson

The S2000 doesn't build much power so it's strength is the handling. I will be testing with Stevie U this year to get some data for both of us to review.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Yes, .the car world continues to get more powerful, as more capable cars are available for low $$, people will want to build them. In the '80's 120 hp was a lot for IT. In the '90's it was 160 HP hp was a lot. New sports cars today are 300 hp. They need a place to live.

My suggestion is figure out the cars you want to attract in the next 5 years and split ITS, ITR and IT uber and let it happen.

I would do T2 with it (says the guy who owns a G35)
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I still remember the hubbub from the creation of ITR, first it was, "There are too many classes already!" Then it was, "Why do you want to race one of those? Can't you just pick another car that's already classed?"
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter