Thread: New St. Louis (Gateway) Regional IT Series

Default New St. Louis (Gateway) Regional IT Series

You heard it here first! IT drivers get three races for the price of two at the May 19-20 Gateway races. Online registration for the first race in the GRIT series is now open: http://tinyurl.com/7zjevrm

Rules follow. See you at the track! - Steven

Gateway Region Improved Touring Championship

Attention Improved Touring drivers!

St. Louis Region SCCA is proud to present the first ever G.R.I.T. Championship series to be held at Gateway Motorsports Park in 2012. This special IT-only series is designed to recognize our talented IT drivers and encourage regional competition. In addition to the excitement of competing for a championship title, participating drivers will also receive additional track time at the Gateway races and other perks.

Schedule: The G.R.I.T. Championship consists of four races, held during the two regularly scheduled St. Louis SCCA race weekends. Combined with the regularly scheduled regional races, IT drivers will have the opportunity to compete in three races each weekend at GMP!

Race 1 - May 19: Saturday Bonus race. All IT drivers registered for the Saturday Regional race are automatically entered in a free bonus race, which will be the last session of the day. Qualifying position will be based on the fastest lap from the regular regional race.

Race 2 – May 20: The regularly scheduled IT Tour race on Sunday May 20th will count for G.R.I.T. points in addition to MiDiv IT Tour points.

Race 3 - July 28: The Gateway DASH will return Saturday July 28 and in addition to the usual cash awards, all IT participants will score G.R.I.T. points based on their finishing position in class. This race is a handicapped “Australian Pursuit” style event and will surely keep the chase interesting!

Race 4 - July 29: The final race of the G.R.I.T. series will be the regularly scheduled IT Tour race. Shortly after the conclusion of this race, the champions will be crowned in a special ceremony.

Eligibility: All Improved Touring classes (ITR, ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC, ITE, IT7) are eligible, and all racers in these classes are automatically entered in the G.R.I.T. Championship. There is no additional charge to participate and no restriction on region or division of record.

Points: Points will be scored in the usual way with the top ten positions scoring 12, 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points in each race. Ties will be broken by fastest lap times during a series race, then second fastest, etc, as needed.

Other: G.R.I.T. Championship points and awards are in addition to, and independent of, any points accrued in other series. The Sunday IT Tour races will score points toward the MiDiv IT Tour Championship as usual. G.R.I.T. is administered by St. Louis Region SCCA and is independent of any national or divisional series.

Sounds great!
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Crap! And me with no car for the moment! May look into a rental for the May event.

Gateway Region ?? :P
    Sounds good, I hope I can run (waiting on days off).

So who's coming to Gateway Motorsports Park? We'd sure love it if you'd go ahead and get registered! http://tinyurl.com/7zjevrm

GMP may hold a test day on Friday the 18th but they need to see some interest.

If you want to test please get in touch with Dan Harman at Gateway asap! Test day price is $150 through May 15th - $200 after that. Just leave your name and number on his voicemail 618-215-8893. If you want to pay by credit card he asks that DON'T leave CC info on his voicemail just let him know your name and number and he'll call you back when we get closer. Cash or check only if you pay at the track.

Also garage spaces are available for $50/day - contact Dan about that too. (Garage and test days are managed by GMP, not SCCA).

Last edited by sburkett; 04-26-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Already registered.
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Nice job guys. Looks like a great idea. Once I am back at it, I will make a point to get back down there.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Organizers are getting antsy to get the entry level up some. If you're planning on this one, please send in your online entry as soon as you can. Can pay later at the event if needed.
    Only 5 IT cars so far

Another low turn out here in MiDiv.

http://youtu.be/CPjtYhvAyIs
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    With the price of deisel plus an extra day off to get there, Gateway and Memphis will never be on my calendar...

I've already spent a bunch of $$$ on the car this year (although it doesn't look like it... ), so actual racing funds are limited. Shooting for MAM next, then MPH and possibly Iowa. Then done for the year. Plans to do ITFest and/or ARRC are out the window.

Still waiting on my new tires to replace the flat-spotted/corded tires from that Sunday at HPT....
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post

http://youtu.be/CPjtYhvAyIs
    Six (6) IT cars??? 48 cars total for a National??? Man, that's not "low turn out"... that's no turn out.
    Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

MAM only has 54 registered so far. This season really stinks.
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Ralf ...

Encourage all your friends to register and come join us at MAM. We'd love to have a great big field!

Kelley

I would love a big field too, and have talked to fellow racers, but for one reason or another they have decided not to come. At least we're up to 67 now.
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT