Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoosier R6, SM6

The R6 has not had a major redesign since 2006 (thus the "6" in "R6"; the prior three years' tires were models RS303, RS304, and RS305...) At that time the R6 was - and some will argue "still are" - heads and shoulders above everything else so there was no need for any updates.

There are unconfirmed rumors that there have been relatively-minor compound "adjustments" in the intervening years, but the tires pretty much feel and drive like the same tires I won with on the NX2000 five years ago: very damn good.

Hoosiers are still the King of the Hill in DOT Radial "R compound" race tires. While there are, and have been, a lot of very good challengers, none have made a concise unseating of the Purple Crown.

GA

Quote Originally Posted by philstireservice View Post
    You know you will want the new "CR6" 15x6 12lb wheel coming out in about a month.......
    I am indeed looking forward to learning more about that when it happens...

KK

I broke down and bought a set of rains. I got the Hoosier H2o rains today from Phils Tire Service. Ordered Monday and delivered on Wednesday. Awesome service!

They too are only $166 and come in 205/50/15 since they are the spec rain tires for Spec Miata

So, if it doesn't rain this year you can thank/cuss me.
    John W8

CSP10 Miata
    ITA50 Miata

Since the RX7 was converted to 15's ,Thanks to AB calling me out a few years ago, we are going to be trying the SM6 this season. If they are as fast as they say, Its gonna be cool.

15 x 7 4x110 available at Discount Tire Direct,Konig Rewind silver and Graphite 115.00

You will need a spacer to get them out away from the coil over but you sudenly have a tire option available

Dan 77 IT7

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    I am indeed looking forward to learning more about that when it happens...

KK
    Are you planning on running the monster CMP? Like Chip said we "should" have production models by then. All of the first CR6 wheels will be on 4x100 bolt pattern.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]

Don't think I'll be at CMP but thanks for the PM. Keep me updated. The trick is figuring out how to make a transition like that. I've been stocking up on 14" Koseis every chance I get, plus I use 225s on the front and 205s on the rear.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    It's a powerful argument to think about 15" wheels for the Golf - except that I already have close to 2 dozen 14s.

K
    Maybe just switch the fronts to 15's? You can keep running the same set of 14" rear R6's for a couple years... hell, they may actually get better with age.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear