Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WMR "Unrestricted" Double Regional at Grattan on 5/26, 5/27

Default WMR "Unrestricted" Double Regional at Grattan on 5/26, 5/27

WMR is hosting the "Unrestricted" Double Regional at Grattan on 5/26 & 5/27. Registration is open at the link below. I'm the Race Chair and we're looking for a great turnout of folks. This is the ONLY unrestricted regional in GLDiv before mid August. We like ALL classes…..so come on out and enjoy all that WMR and Grattan have to offer. The great layout, our three race program (qual race Sunday morning), real time T&S data via wi-fi, the awesome dinner on Saturday night and a really good looking Race Chair.
    We condensed the race groups from six to five so there's more track time than usual. We'll have THREE sessions on Saturday and everybody leaves earlier on Sunday.

Again this year my wife is the registrar so make her life and, by default, my life easier and register early. There is no penalty for paying at the track.

wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com

Please let me know if you have any questions ([email protected]; 517.889.1117).

Dayle

I'm in.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Group 1 rocks.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Grattan has always had some of the best dinners at the track i have ever had!
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Are there supps for this event or am I just missing them?
    Jim Hardesty
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

They are now posted on registration page as well as the WMR site (www.wmr-scca.org).

Dayle

bump.....

Registration is open and everything is moving forward. Let me know if you have any questions.

Dayle

Boy, I'd like to, and Grattan is my favorite track, but my SCCA license is long lapsed (been racing other series)... Might be tough get through all the bureaucracy to run in such a short time. My ITA car has been reclassed and I ain't moving it, so would also have to run in some 'catch-all'. will you have ITE or equiv? (All my safety stuff cage/belts/net/fire system is up to date)

PS, anybody have an idea on how long Hoosiers last without going off? I got them new/heat cycled and have had them covered in the basement, but they are old....

Hmm...

The SCCA takes WHRRI, NASA, MCSCC, etc. licenses for regional competition. So if you have a license with another body, you can use it to run our regionals. Check GCR 3.1.5 for the entire list. If your membership to SCCA has lapsed as well, we can get you a weekend membership. We're about getting folks to come and have fun. Contact me ([email protected]) if you have any questions.

Dayle

Quote Originally Posted by wtracing80 View Post
    The SCCA takes WHRRI, NASA, MCSCC, etc. licenses for regional competition. So if you have a license with another body, you can use it to run our regionals. Check GCR 3.1.5 for the entire list. If your membership to SCCA has lapsed as well, we can get you a weekend membership. We're about getting folks to come and have fun. Contact me ([email protected]) if you have any questions.

Dayle
    Thanks Dayle, I'll give that some thought and check into it.

Will you have a catchall class I can run my ex-ITA car in?

I raced IT from 92' and fell off the last 5 years (didn't want to switch classes) and went to Lemons in my Lexus. If I can pull it together, I might just do. I'm KY now, but I'm from E.L......

Dave,

i joined one of the MCSCC clubs (Chicagoland) and applied for and received a MCSCC "novice" license.

which is all i need to run SCCA events if i buy a weekend membership. unless you run a bunch of scca events, this is the cheaper way to go.

i figure i will do this until i recoup my "Isaac" investment funds from SCCA membership fees. i have no issue paying for a race weekend since that supports the local regions. but i intend to minimize $$ to the national org.

plus i had to shell out for the LeMons license....

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    Dave,

i joined one of the MCSCC clubs (Chicagoland) and applied for and received a MCSCC "novice" license.

which is all i need to run SCCA events if i buy a weekend membership. unless you run a bunch of scca events, this is the cheaper way to go.

i figure i will do this until i recoup my "Isaac" investment funds from SCCA membership fees. i have no issue paying for a race weekend since that supports the local regions. but i intend to minimize $$ to the national org.

plus i had to shell out for the LeMons license....
    Hi Tom. Thanks for the info... Lots of details I don't know any more
    > With the weekend membership, does that still require a physical too?
    > Is Hans required for SCCA now? If so, I guess it makes that easy as I'm not buying one unless I have to.
    After 20+ years in the Corolla, I want to do one more "fling", then probably sell it if the hassle/reward equation doesn't work out. I haven't been racing it and hate to let it sit. Its all fresh though and with all new safety gear, sparco seat, paint, graphics, wheels, tires etc.. Looks better than it did when we ran together years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    Hi Tom. Thanks for the info... Lots of details I don't know any more
    > With the weekend membership, does that still require a physical too? Yes, because it is needed to get a license that SCCA accepts. i used the SCCA physical form because it was accepted by MWSCC.
    > Is Hans required for SCCA now? If so, I guess it makes that easy as I'm not buying one unless I have to. SFI or FIA certified H&NR. i have a Hybrid.
    After 20+ years in the Corolla, I want to do one more "fling", then probably sell it if the hassle/reward equation doesn't work out. I haven't been racing it and hate to let it sit. Its all fresh though and with all new safety gear, sparco seat, paint, graphics, wheels, tires etc.. Looks better than it did when we ran together years ago.
    when applying for the Novice license with MWSCC, i put together a list of my races over the years and noted that my SCCA license expired last year. pretty much the type of documentation when i asked SCCA to issue a regional when i did not have any races for the previous year.

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    when applying for the Novice license with MWSCC, i put together a list of my races over the years and noted that my SCCA license expired last year. pretty much the type of documentation when i asked SCCA to issue a regional when i did not have any races for the previous year.
    Thanks Tom.

Between physical, other license, temp scca license, reclassing my car and concomitant costs and then Hans-ish requirement, I think that's just too many hurdles. The racing is better in Lemons with 80+ car fields and 4hrs+ track time per driver each weekend. The cost/benefit just doesn't seem to be there anymore in SCCA. Stinks to put 20yrs of development in a car and have to do it over too. Sadly, maybe its time to move on. What's the rules on Vintage? 85' old enough? I don't really want to give up, but feels kinda inevtiable
    Last edited by Spinnetti; 05-08-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Let me get this straight, new paint, graphics, wheels, tires, belts, seat and it's too much effort to get a license? And not cost effective?

edit: maybe I'm missing the point, maybe you are saying it isn't worth all that hassle and expense to run one more scca event and sell the car. I'll grant you that. You won't get a dime of that money back out when you sell the car.

double edit: reclassing the car? I'll make you some class letters for free if that helps.
    Last edited by jumbojimbo; 05-08-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    Jim Hardesty

You do NOT need a physical to get a weekend membership. Use your license from another body (NASA, WHRRI, etc.) and come run with us. Yes, you'll need a H&N system but you can borrow one of those or buy a used one on eBay.

Dayle

Quote Originally Posted by wtracing80 View Post
    You do NOT need a physical to get a weekend membership. Use your license from another body (NASA, WHRRI, etc.) and come run with us. Yes, you'll need a H&N system but you can borrow one of those or buy a used one on eBay.

Dayle
    hmmm.. where to bum one. I may need one eventually, but they hurt my collarbones.

I don't have another series license, but will look at that. Need a dummies guide to this! I just wanna trailer up, suit up and drive!

This is my ride, 'cept its no longer ITA legal having been pushed to B.... so that's a problem I'm not wiling to fix, but would run in ITE or whatever catchall you guys have these days.

Email me at [email protected] and we'll chat.

Dayle

God forbid you have a chance at being competitive??? Seriously, a trip to a junkyard or two for some used, stock wheels, and you're at the front of the field...

I went through this same reclassification years ago. Best thing that ever happened to me in racing.

Sounds like racing itself is just too much trouble...

(Worst thing - getting addicted to carbon fiber...)
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Quote Originally Posted by 924Guy View Post
    God forbid you have a chance at being competitive??? Seriously, a trip to a junkyard or two for some used, stock wheels, and you're at the front of the field...

I went through this same reclassification years ago. Best thing that ever happened to me in racing.

Sounds like racing itself is just too much trouble...

(Worst thing - getting addicted to carbon fiber...)
    Still mulling it over... I was top 5 before anyway - just couldn't win when the top guys were there. I'd end up with the top guy running away, and everybody else behind with me alone in the middle... It was hard to hit minimum weight, and hard to add back huge amounts of lead! I haven't stopped racing, just SCCA.. Trying to determine if the extra hurdles are worth it. Your all's feedback makes it look like it might be worth giving it another go. I'll get with Dayle off line and see if I can get it together. A hans is the biggest limit right now as my car budget was already chewed up for new wheels and tires for the other car.