Thread: WMR "Unrestricted" Double Regional at Grattan on 5/26, 5/27

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

bump.....

Registration is open and everything is moving forward. Let me know if you have any questions.

Dayle

Boy, I'd like to, and Grattan is my favorite track, but my SCCA license is long lapsed (been racing other series)... Might be tough get through all the bureaucracy to run in such a short time. My ITA car has been reclassed and I ain't moving it, so would also have to run in some 'catch-all'. will you have ITE or equiv? (All my safety stuff cage/belts/net/fire system is up to date)

PS, anybody have an idea on how long Hoosiers last without going off? I got them new/heat cycled and have had them covered in the basement, but they are old....

Hmm...

The SCCA takes WHRRI, NASA, MCSCC, etc. licenses for regional competition. So if you have a license with another body, you can use it to run our regionals. Check GCR 3.1.5 for the entire list. If your membership to SCCA has lapsed as well, we can get you a weekend membership. We're about getting folks to come and have fun. Contact me ([email protected]) if you have any questions.

Dayle

Quote Originally Posted by wtracing80 View Post
    The SCCA takes WHRRI, NASA, MCSCC, etc. licenses for regional competition. So if you have a license with another body, you can use it to run our regionals. Check GCR 3.1.5 for the entire list. If your membership to SCCA has lapsed as well, we can get you a weekend membership. We're about getting folks to come and have fun. Contact me ([email protected]) if you have any questions.

Dayle
    Thanks Dayle, I'll give that some thought and check into it.

Will you have a catchall class I can run my ex-ITA car in?

I raced IT from 92' and fell off the last 5 years (didn't want to switch classes) and went to Lemons in my Lexus. If I can pull it together, I might just do. I'm KY now, but I'm from E.L......

Dave,

i joined one of the MCSCC clubs (Chicagoland) and applied for and received a MCSCC "novice" license.

which is all i need to run SCCA events if i buy a weekend membership. unless you run a bunch of scca events, this is the cheaper way to go.

i figure i will do this until i recoup my "Isaac" investment funds from SCCA membership fees. i have no issue paying for a race weekend since that supports the local regions. but i intend to minimize $$ to the national org.

plus i had to shell out for the LeMons license....
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Quote Originally Posted by tom91ita View Post
    Dave,

i joined one of the MCSCC clubs (Chicagoland) and applied for and received a MCSCC "novice" license.

which is all i need to run SCCA events if i buy a weekend membership. unless you run a bunch of scca events, this is the cheaper way to go.

i figure i will do this until i recoup my "Isaac" investment funds from SCCA membership fees. i have no issue paying for a race weekend since that supports the local regions. but i intend to minimize $$ to the national org.

plus i had to shell out for the LeMons license....
    Hi Tom. Thanks for the info... Lots of details I don't know any more
    > With the weekend membership, does that still require a physical too?
    > Is Hans required for SCCA now? If so, I guess it makes that easy as I'm not buying one unless I have to.
    After 20+ years in the Corolla, I want to do one more "fling", then probably sell it if the hassle/reward equation doesn't work out. I haven't been racing it and hate to let it sit. Its all fresh though and with all new safety gear, sparco seat, paint, graphics, wheels, tires etc.. Looks better than it did when we ran together years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    Hi Tom. Thanks for the info... Lots of details I don't know any more
    > With the weekend membership, does that still require a physical too? Yes, because it is needed to get a license that SCCA accepts. i used the SCCA physical form because it was accepted by MWSCC.
    > Is Hans required for SCCA now? If so, I guess it makes that easy as I'm not buying one unless I have to. SFI or FIA certified H&NR. i have a Hybrid.
    After 20+ years in the Corolla, I want to do one more "fling", then probably sell it if the hassle/reward equation doesn't work out. I haven't been racing it and hate to let it sit. Its all fresh though and with all new safety gear, sparco seat, paint, graphics, wheels, tires etc.. Looks better than it did when we ran together years ago.
    when applying for the Novice license with MWSCC, i put together a list of my races over the years and noted that my SCCA license expired last year. pretty much the type of documentation when i asked SCCA to issue a regional when i did not have any races for the previous year.
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL