Thread: BFGoodrich Super Tour National at Summit Point May 5&6, 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default BFGoodrich Super Tour National at Summit Point May 5&6, 2012

Hi.
    The first ever Northeast Division BFGoodrich SCCA Super Tour National Race will take place at Summit Point Motorsports Park on May 5th and 6th 2012, this event is hosted by the Washington DC Region SCCA. Friday, May 4th will be a track administered practice day.

For some bizarre reason, I volunteered to be the Race Chairman. I have to start learning how to tell people no, when they ask me to do things. I wanted to pass on some particulars about this event that will make it a less stressed, fun event for everyone, competitors and officials alike.

Registration will open on April 8th, 2012 and can be done on the DC Region website, www.wdcr-scca.org.

Race Groups are as follows:

1. EP, FP, HP, GTL, STU,STL
    2. GT1, GT2, GT3
    3. AS, STO, T1,T2
    4. SM, SSB, SSC, T3
    5. FF, FV, F500
    6. SRF
    7. FA, FB, FC, FE, FM, CSR, DSR, S2000

The schedule is time specific per the BFGoodrich Super Tour rules. The schedule is listed in the supplemental regulations on page 1.

The Washington DC Region will take control of the paddock at 6pm on Thursday May 3rd, to direct paddock parking only. There will be no reserved paddock spaces or “saving” of paddock spaces. Paddock spaces will be on a “First come, first served” basis.

Paddock space at the Summit Point Circuit is limited, competitors are expected to minimize their paddock space usage. Competitors are advised that a paddock space at Summit is forty feet by twenty feet. Competitors are expected to get their race car, tow vehicle, and support equipment into one space per race car. Sharing paddock space is encouraged.
    Please help everyone enjoy this event by using as little paddock space as possible. There is electrical power in the grassy paddock area in the back section of the paddock. There are also some very nice shaded spaces there.

There will be an area in the paddock that will be marked off for the BFG Super Tour Vendor Midway.
    This will be in the grassy area directly across from the gas pumps adjacent to the front main paddock road. The Vendor Midway will cover the grassy area from the front and back main paddock road , from the road that bisects the grassy areas of the paddock to just past the oil dump station. This area will be clearly marked off and is NOT available for competitor parking.
    The grassy area adjacent to the OG Racing store will be a parking area for Race Officials Only. This area will be clearly marked off as well.

I want everyone to come and enjoy this event. It promises to be truly spectacular, as those of you whom have been to a BFGoodrich Super Tour event already know.

If you have any questions I am available to answer them. You can email me at parkerfamily216 at gmail.com or you can phone me at three zero four two seven nine seven two four one.
    Please keep in mind that I have a real job and a family life as well, so please be patient, I will answer your questions. I will also be on site during the entire course of the event starting Thursday afternoon May 3rd. We will have a “Super Tour Office” set up in the middle classroom next to the tech shed area. If I am not there, they will know where to find me.

This is going to be a lot of fun. Please make plans to join us.

Cheers
    Dave Parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Quote Originally Posted by dave parker View Post
    I have to start learning how to tell people no, when they ask me to do things.
    I recommending staying away from the YMCA until you learn this.

Supps aren't up yet, so what is the entry fee?

Jeff
    Your right. One day I will learn.

Entry fee is $350.00.

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Supps and schedule indicate this is a single national, not a double, is that correct?

Eric

Supps and schedule indicate this is a single national, not a double, is that correct?
    The BFG Super Tour at Summit is a single National. I believe (but am not positive) that all BFG Super Tours are singles.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    The BFG Super Tour at Summit is a single National. I believe (but am not positive) that all BFG Super Tours are singles.

Terry
    Not quite. A Super Tour event may be part of a Double National weekend, but only one of the two races is designated as the Super Tour race.

Dave