Thread: BFGoodrich Super Tour National at Summit Point May 5&6, 2012

Default BFGoodrich Super Tour National at Summit Point May 5&6, 2012

Hi.
    The first ever Northeast Division BFGoodrich SCCA Super Tour National Race will take place at Summit Point Motorsports Park on May 5th and 6th 2012, this event is hosted by the Washington DC Region SCCA. Friday, May 4th will be a track administered practice day.

For some bizarre reason, I volunteered to be the Race Chairman. I have to start learning how to tell people no, when they ask me to do things. I wanted to pass on some particulars about this event that will make it a less stressed, fun event for everyone, competitors and officials alike.

Registration will open on April 8th, 2012 and can be done on the DC Region website, www.wdcr-scca.org.

Race Groups are as follows:

1. EP, FP, HP, GTL, STU,STL
    2. GT1, GT2, GT3
    3. AS, STO, T1,T2
    4. SM, SSB, SSC, T3
    5. FF, FV, F500
    6. SRF
    7. FA, FB, FC, FE, FM, CSR, DSR, S2000

The schedule is time specific per the BFGoodrich Super Tour rules. The schedule is listed in the supplemental regulations on page 1.

The Washington DC Region will take control of the paddock at 6pm on Thursday May 3rd, to direct paddock parking only. There will be no reserved paddock spaces or “saving” of paddock spaces. Paddock spaces will be on a “First come, first served” basis.

Paddock space at the Summit Point Circuit is limited, competitors are expected to minimize their paddock space usage. Competitors are advised that a paddock space at Summit is forty feet by twenty feet. Competitors are expected to get their race car, tow vehicle, and support equipment into one space per race car. Sharing paddock space is encouraged.
    Please help everyone enjoy this event by using as little paddock space as possible. There is electrical power in the grassy paddock area in the back section of the paddock. There are also some very nice shaded spaces there.

There will be an area in the paddock that will be marked off for the BFG Super Tour Vendor Midway.
    This will be in the grassy area directly across from the gas pumps adjacent to the front main paddock road. The Vendor Midway will cover the grassy area from the front and back main paddock road , from the road that bisects the grassy areas of the paddock to just past the oil dump station. This area will be clearly marked off and is NOT available for competitor parking.
    The grassy area adjacent to the OG Racing store will be a parking area for Race Officials Only. This area will be clearly marked off as well.

I want everyone to come and enjoy this event. It promises to be truly spectacular, as those of you whom have been to a BFGoodrich Super Tour event already know.

If you have any questions I am available to answer them. You can email me at parkerfamily216 at gmail.com or you can phone me at three zero four two seven nine seven two four one.
    Please keep in mind that I have a real job and a family life as well, so please be patient, I will answer your questions. I will also be on site during the entire course of the event starting Thursday afternoon May 3rd. We will have a “Super Tour Office” set up in the middle classroom next to the tech shed area. If I am not there, they will know where to find me.

This is going to be a lot of fun. Please make plans to join us.

Cheers
    Dave Parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Quote Originally Posted by dave parker View Post
    I have to start learning how to tell people no, when they ask me to do things.
    I recommending staying away from the YMCA until you learn this.

Supps aren't up yet, so what is the entry fee?

Jeff
    Your right. One day I will learn.

Entry fee is $350.00.

cheers
    dave parker

Supps and schedule indicate this is a single national, not a double, is that correct?

Eric

Supps and schedule indicate this is a single national, not a double, is that correct?
    The BFG Super Tour at Summit is a single National. I believe (but am not positive) that all BFG Super Tours are singles.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    The BFG Super Tour at Summit is a single National. I believe (but am not positive) that all BFG Super Tours are singles.

Terry
    Not quite. A Super Tour event may be part of a Double National weekend, but only one of the two races is designated as the Super Tour race.

Dave

Supps for the event are here.

Practice Days: Thursday 05/03/12 and Friday 05/04/12 available through Summit Point - contact the track directly at 304-725-8444 for details.

Crew limits: There is a 3 crew per driver limit to gain free entrance to the track. Only the first 3 guests to enter from your registration will be admitted at no charge, additional crew will be charged $25 payable at the track. One free guest per Worker. To make changes to your crew/guest names, please "Edit" your registration from our website. Please note: This policy is dictated by Summit Point Raceway

Registration and Edits for crew or guests can be accomplished from the links on The DC Region Website or go directly to DLB Racing Driver Registration or DLB Racing Worker Registration.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Competitors will be allowed to enter the paddock for parking at 6pm on Wednesday May 2nd.
    There will be DC Region Paddock Marshals available to see assist competitors and to see that the paddock regulations outlined in the supps are adhered to.

cheers
    dave parker

Giving serious consideration to going, though it looks like I'll be traveling solo. Kinda bummed that there's no way for someone I know from the NE to be able to save me a paddock space alongside for my enclosed trailer; I really hate doing events without friends around...

Ok, I'm in...!

I know there's no "saving" paddock spaces, but if a spot large enough for an Excursion pulling a 28' enclosed trailer with a 12x12 pop up next to it (and I'll be glad to share spots/slots with someone) just so happens to be magically available next to Jerry Rigoli/Younnis Tsouris, I'd be appreciative...I won't be doing testing, they will.

See y'all late Friday afternoon/evening.

GA
    Last edited by Greg Amy; 04-27-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Good man....need to see those STL entries.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

I have plenty of leftover STL decals for your car, Ginsberg...

One STU entry...ugh...and only five Spec Miatae...?

Dave/Gregg, just to make sure I'm clear...you note SCCA has parking control of the paddock Weds evening. If my wife and I get up early Friday to get there early- to mid-afternoon (and we'll probably be the last ones there anyway) can we pay the $25 each to get in to park and unload, then get that refunded to us at registration when it opens at 6? Will Beth be doing the early reg in the paddock for those with hardcards like last year (which I thought was an awesome idea)?

What's the paddocking procedure at Summit? Will it be obvious when we pull in who's in charge and who to follow for instructions?

Greg

I'm sure Dave will chime in soon w/ the skinny. We got caught a bit off guard when the track added an extra test day (paddock was supposed to open to us on Thursday).

As for me, I've got a hellish week @ work & likely won't be there until Friday afternoon/evening (when I'm sure there will still be plenty of space and electricity) back in the woods. You guys should paddock back there...it'll make it much easier for me to teach Mr. T where best to pit someone.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Greg-

Let me know if you didn't receive the email just sent out by the region. There will be paddock marshalls available beginning Wednesday evening.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Just got it.

I've got no prob parking out in the woods, as long as it's not muddy and I can get the enclosed in and out relatively easily. I parked out there with Gran and Noeske for last year's MARRS 4, enjoyed it. Quiet, shady, minimal traffic (which is good since we'll have the dog with us). I know you can't save me a spot, but if you want to save me a spot (or tell your spotter where to direct me when I arrive) I'll meet you there...black enclosed trailer being pulled by a black diesel Ford Excursion, CT plates... - GA