Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watkins Glen Info please

At the Glen on which side do they measure sound (i.e. driver's left or driver's right)?
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dhardison View Post
    At the Glen on which side do they measure sound (i.e. driver's left or driver's right)?
    They don't have a db limit
    #72 ITE Scirocco
    NARRC ITE champion 2011

Oh yes...they do.

Sound is top of the Esses right before the bridge, on driver's left.

Dan

At Watkins Glen, sound is measured on DL opposite Station 4 at the top of the Esses. Sound control is in effect for all SCCA races at The Glen.

HTH

Terry

what is the limit?
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Chris
    103 db is the GCR mandated limit.

cheers
    dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

okay, just making sure that it defaulted to the GCR limit... at NH the limit is 99 for some freaking reason! my car averages 101 I think...

Thanks Dave!

We were good at WGI last year, but was curious by how much... Our's is the loudest slow car out there, you can hear it all the way to the bus stop from pit lane!
    Last edited by CRallo; 04-13-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Chris

103 db is the GCR mandated limit.
    The GCR specifies 103 db as the default maximum for all events - that is, unless modified (lowered) by the supplemental regulations for the event.

It is a good idea to check the supps, particularly on your first visit to a track, to see what the local sound standard is.

at NH the limit is 99 for some freaking reason! my car averages 101 I think...
    New Hampshire has a maximum of 99db in their supps because it is mandated by NHMS in accordance with the track agreement with its neighbors. AFAIK all lower sound standards are a result of agreements / mandates from the local communities.

HTH

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by 1stgen View Post
    Don't need quarters at the glen, just turn the knob and it will work.
    P.s. the showers are on the outfield of the track. If you are heading out towards the entrance, turn right after the tunnel and left at the first intersection. Drive approximately 1 mile and they are on the right in a little out building....bring flip flops
    Also showers towards the boot go under track like you are headed to Gate 6 they are on left.
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Quote Originally Posted by tdw6974 View Post
    Also showers towards the boot go under track like you are headed to Gate 6 they are on left.
    The little brown building on the left I assume?

When I meant there was no db limit it was kind of a joke...if your louder than 103 db and get black flagged at wgi thenyour car is clearly too loud or your exhaust has fallen off.
    #72 ITE Scirocco
    NARRC ITE champion 2011

Correct on the little brown building!
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.