The new Race-Keeper arrived yesterday.

Wow, this thing is nice. Main unit, two cameras, gps ant and mic. It took me about 15 minutes to get it hooked up to the truck and most of that time was spent attaching a cigarette plug to it and triple checking which wire is ground.

My original plan was to put it in the truck and drive it back and forth to work a few times. But it was so easy to install and get running I'm going to concentrate on getting it in the race car and then play around with the settings. Race car is street "legal" so I can drive it around the block and collect some data.

So far the only downside I see is that the back facing camera isn't mirrored, but maybe there is a setting I'm missing for that. That's a small price to pay to have multiple cameras automatically combined in one video file without all the gymnastics I am used to.

Overall my first impression is very high. The look and feel of the unit is very professional. I'm not sure what I expected, but I didn't expect something nicer than my Dell laptop.

After I get it on track a few times I think I'll want to add RPM and maybe brake pedal. Scott has an iPhone so I'm hoping we can test with a dash display. And hopefully there will be an android display soon.

I don't mean to rub it in, but this thing is really sweet.