Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IT-Miata Shootout @ Mid-Ohio June 8-10 *Grand-Am Weekend*

25 Entered as of today - NO ITR and NO ITC yet... Come on guys! Only 1 ITC car last year (this year is a points event - as requested) and all the 'conversation' about including ITR (finally got ITR added - as requested). Some of us pushed hard to get ITR-ITC & SM included in this weekend. Let’s get some entries and use this opportunity to showcase IT/SM!
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Quote Originally Posted by downingracing View Post
    25 Entered as of today - NO ITR and NO ITC yet... Come on guys! Only 1 ITC car last year (this year is a points event - as requested) and all the 'conversation' about including ITR (finally got ITR added - as requested). Some of us pushed hard to get ITR-ITC & SM included in this weekend. Let’s get some entries and use this opportunity to showcase IT/SM!
    Might get a couple of the new ITC guys using it for the track time. As a points race it doesn't really work for us because it is only a single race (when it could be at least a double, or even better a triple IMO), and with so many faster classes the odds of ITC actually getting to race together is fairly slim. (edit: note: I'm not complaining, just explaining our thought process.)

But, if Grattan falls thru, it is the logical replacement. It's nearing the time for the boys to fish or cut bait on Grattan...
    Last edited by jumbojimbo; 05-01-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

I'll be swarming around in the middle with a bunch of Meotters. I may need to start taking "donations" from bump draft partners on the back straight....
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Quote Originally Posted by Racerlinn View Post
    I'll be swarming around in the middle with a bunch of Meotters. I may need to start taking "donations" from bump draft partners on the back straight....
    Yeah, I'll help push you along....
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    Might get a couple of the new ITC guys using it for the track time. As a points race it doesn't really work for us because it is only a single race (when it could be at least a double, or even better a triple IMO), and with so many faster classes the odds of ITC actually getting to race together is fairly slim....
    I appreciate the info. Thanks! Making it a points event (yea - just a single) was done to 'help' make it attractive to the ITC folks who told me they didn't come last year due to no points being available.

The # of classes will not have an impact on classes running together. Just like any other regional weekend, there will be backmarkers. But putting them behind you shouldn't be an issue.

This will be a great weekend!! We tried to adjust (points event and inviting ITR) to draw a full field. We will see how it turns out.
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

28 cars registered over 5 weeks out - I think it's shaping up rather nicely.

What's it like in the paddock? Would there be room for a motorhome, truck, trailer and racecar or would we be limited on the number of vehicles per registered car?
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by jay05 View Post
    What's it like in the paddock? Would there be room for a motorhome, truck, trailer and racecar or would we be limited on the number of vehicles per registered car?
    Should be plenty of space for those things. Unlike a regular weekend, there is limited space for 'other' vehicles. We have a specific paddock area blocked off for us, But there is PLENTY of parking (close) for visitors/friends/family/crew...
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

What about giant, can-be-seen-from-space, "oh look, magneseum!" fire pits?

Quote Originally Posted by jay05 View Post
    And after my whining, I went ahead and registered. And as Scott pointed out, Friday can be a real blowout since we don't have to be on track Saturday until late afternoon.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    And after my whining, I went ahead and registered. And as Scott pointed out, Friday can be a real blowout since we don't have to be on track Saturday until late afternoon.
    I know you will have a blast!! (And I definately didn't think you were whining - I appreciate the honest feedback and recommendations.) Yea - Friday evening should be a 'great' time!!! There will be plenty of beer and probably even a good bit of food and campfire!
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

35 registered:
    IT7: 2
    ITA: 4
    ITB: 4
    ITC: 3
    ITS: 4
    Spec Miata: 18

Everyone will have someone to race with!
    Dave Ellenwood
    ITB Jetta
    SCCA Ohio Valley Region
    [email protected]

Class Totals:
    ITA: 4
    ITB: 6
    ITC: 5
    ITS: 4
    Spec Miata: 20

Looking like it will be a GREAT weekend!!! Still looking for those ITR entries!
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Looks like the ITC folks have decided that this is worth attending. 47 entries.

What is the maximum capacity of the track?
    Dave Ellenwood
    ITB Jetta
    SCCA Ohio Valley Region
    [email protected]

A "waiting list" will start at 65 entries. Looks like I need to get my butt signed up! Awesome that the ITC guys jumped on this - thank you! Sounds like I need to see if Bob wants to run mine now. If my new trans for the ITA car isn't ready, I might just run it.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Just checked - 50 entered so far - Class Totals:
    ITA: 5
    ITB: 6
    ITC: 9
    ITS: 5
    Spec Miata: 23
    Matt Downing
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Oy, that's a lotta Miatea...

What starter stand are we using? Front or back?
    ITC #05
    '82 Jetta
    NEOhio
    Shutter-Up Inc.
    Olmsted Auto Care
    Light Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Racerlinn View Post
    Oy, that's a lotta Miatea...
    Yup. Matt/Kevin, has there been any thought given to the possibility of a split start? (ITR, ITS, ITA, SM) (IT7, ITB, ITC)

During last years race it was a swerve-fest in turn one for those of us starting behind the Meotters. It seems that a few of them tried to mate going in to T1 which caused a grassy excursion for many B and C cars.
    Last edited by dhardison; 05-10-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dhardison View Post
    Yup. Matt/Kevin, has there been any thought given to the possibility of a split start? (ITR, ITS, ITA, SM) (IT7, ITB, ITC)

During last years race it was a swerve-fest in turn one for those of us starting behind the Meotters. It seems that a few of them tried to mate going in to T1 which caused a grassy excursion for many B and C cars.
    If no split start it would be better starting on the backstraight, IMO. While most of us are careful, the last thing we need is to take out half the field in the first turn...which could happen at the end of the backstraight too.
    Greg Vandersluis
    #4 1990 Honda Civic Si
    #97 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    #93 2006 Ford Mustang
    Carbotech/BFGoodrich/Vandersluis Motorsports
    2010 Great Lakes Division ITA Champion
    2012 Great Lakes Division T1 Champion