Thread: IT-Miata Shootout @ Mid-Ohio June 8-10 *Grand-Am Weekend*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default IT-Miata Shootout @ Mid-Ohio June 8-10 *Grand-Am Weekend*

Registration is open for this event on MotorsportsReg.com. This looks like a great weekend with track time each day and Grand-Am racing in between. Also, ITR is included, which I seem to recall was a point of discussion last year. Who's going??
    Dave Ellenwood
    ITB Jetta
    SCCA Ohio Valley Region
    [email protected]

I am signed up. Few other (3) 5:01 guys too (the Datsuns). Was a blast last fall. We had around 50 cars all weekend. Note since this is a Pro weekend we run the pro circuit so no kink between turn 1 & 2.

Really looking forward to it again. And this year we get prime time running on Saturday! Last year we had morning qualifying Saturday at 9 AM followed by Continental Tire series and Grand Am so there was really no one watching yet. Looks like this year we qualify in between the pro series races so fans will accidently be watching us!

yea... schedule last year was so so, but beggars can't be choosers right? lol Do we race while they are still on the property?
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Kinda bummed now. I have made other plans since I expected ITR to be exluded again. I had posted multiple times and sent a few e-mails trying to find out about ITR this year, and didn't get any responses so I assumed we were locked out again. Oh well, the 4 of us are all going to do LRP that weekend instead this year but maybe next year if they do it again.

To whom it may concern... please let us know if the ITR thing works out. Next year I would like to go but I (other drivers and crew) need to plan vacation time to make the trip.

Stephen

The schedule looks really good. Over three hours of track time for $250.00 AND we get to rub elbows with the pro teams. Very cool!

For those who attended last year, where do all the SCCA folks paddock? Are we restricted to a certain area?

Also, with two qualifying sessions and two qualifying races, how will the grid for the final points race be set? Will it be the average of your finish in the two qualifying races? I did not see how this would be handled in the supps.

DE
    Dave Ellenwood
    ITB Jetta
    SCCA Ohio Valley Region
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by S2_ITBVW View Post
    For those who attended last year, where do all the SCCA folks paddock? Are we restricted to a certain area?
    DE
    We were restricted to the lower "grassy" paddock adjacent to the chain link fence area where the Mid-O school cars are parked. Over by the the shower/toilet building. The area will be roped/taped off (or at least it was last year).
    Dan
    2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Great Lakes Division ITB Champion

Woohoo! I was there last year and had the best racing of my life. I'm very tempted to jump in on this one.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)