Thread: iracing

Default iracing

For those who have not tried iracing, IMHO, it's a great off season tuner for reflexes...and as close as one will ever get to being on the race track from off the track!

You get X number of free cars, including 2 MX 5 cup Miatas and the Formula Skip Barber I went to LRP racing school in(right down to the BFG radials). For $11.95, you can buy other cars. I have purchased a spec racer ford,a radical, ford gt 40, ford falcon v8 aussie race car....and a full race rolex C6 corvette!

As much fun as momentum cars(MX5,Formula Skippy,etc, the radical and corvette are mind blowing!! 160mph at the end of the front straight at LRP, sequentially downshift from 6th to 2nd while braking(the big chomper brakes are amazing....LOL. The radical is so fast coming up no name that my eyes can hardly believe that the hill is there.

So many tracks(laguna Seca and Summit Point are free, mid ohio,watkins glen and others can be purchased for about $14 each.

If you haven't tried iracing(most dual core cpu's with a couple gig of ram are fine, you really needed a dedicated video card, as the chip on most MOBO's sucks for video). It's really great for off season practice. Many Pro drivers run iracing off season.

I just got on it about a week ago, and have been really enjoying it. Very realisitc, and cuts out the retards you run into (literally) with GT5 & Forza.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    I just got on it about a week ago, and have been really enjoying it. Very realisitc, and cuts out the retards you run into (literally) with GT5 & Forza.
    They are still out there is iracing in more limited quantities,Kevin.The good news is that you can capture a practice or race and protest.Had a moron ram me from behind between turns 1 and 2 at LRP the other day.Then, proceeded to ram me after he knocked me off the track....LOL.

The Ford Falcon V8(a current race car down under)is a classic example of vehicles we can't have in the US. It is even more fun than the corvette on the track.You should try one!!