Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NHMS Rational

Wow... Looks great!

Been a lean year for #13. No tires, no paint, and will not be able to get a set-up on the car in time. Should be interesting? Did find a missing set of vacuum hoses and now the car idles below 2200 rpm.

See y'all on Sat!
    BB
    Brad
    1995 Mazda Miata (aka Black Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    I'm out. Broke something in the rear during testing. Same weird thing from WGI. Shop needs to step up and sort this out!
    Get ythe car up to German Performance Service in Brighton MA. Marc knows Porches (race engineer for Black Swan last two years)

I was hoping to convince you to run STU/National...

Saturday

Partly cloudy with a chance of rain in the morning, then overcast with a chance of rain. High of 84F. Winds from the ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.2 in. possible.

Saturday Night

Overcast with a chance of snow. Low of 32F. Winds from the NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.

Sunday

Overcast with a chance of rain. High of 70F. Winds from the NE at 10 to 20 mph. Breezy. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.5 in. possible.

Ummmmm. No.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Saturday

Partly cloudy with a chance of rain in the morning, then overcast with a chance of rain. High of 84F. Winds from the ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.2 in. possible.

Saturday Night

Overcast with a chance of snow. Low of 32F. Winds from the NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.

Sunday

Overcast with a chance of rain. High of 70F. Winds from the NE at 10 to 20 mph. Breezy. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.5 in. possible.

Ummmmm. No.
    ok i thought Andy made that up. Nope thats the wunderground forecast!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Ummmmm. No.
    Wuss.

GFS is still not really stable, but I'd concur with that forecast. We're basically going to be between a high parking up in Quebec and a low down in the southeast. As these move east they're going to be squeezing a front coming across the upper Midwest between them, and it looks like New Hampshire is right in the middle of that gauntlet. And because the high is north and the low south, their rotation is trying to push them back to Ohio, so it's not going away quickly. So starting around Friday morning we'll start to see the wet air mass getting pressed eastward between the two, channeling light rain right over New Hampshire Motor Speedway into Saturday. Looks like we might get dry track in the AM to bed in tires and brakes, rest of afternoon is mixed.

Expect rolling rainstorms through the night Friday.

Saturday morning the low down south is forecast to weaken and move southward, allowing that air mass to expand all across the eastern seaboard. That energy will dissipate somewhat, but we'll get lifting action from the sun and may see a squall mixed in with the light rain. Expect more rain squalls Saturday night.

Right now, GFS is showing some pretty good rainstorms early Sunday AM into dawn, maybe moving off and back to light rain by warm-ups time. Then again mixed for the rest of the day. The drive home will be rainy.

If it's any consolation, looks like it'll all move off by work time Monday AM...

Can't even get away from the rain this weekend if I chose to go do the double at VIR instead...<sigh...>

I don't mind racing in the rain, it's just that it makes a mess of the car and it's difficult to relax at day's end drinking with your paddock mates. The one bright side is that it doesn't appear to have a lot of lift, so except for Sunday AM it's probably just a rain event, so bring your umbrellas and EZ Ups (and we'll probably drink anyway...)

GA

Quote Originally Posted by JS154 View Post
    Get ythe car up to German Performance Service in Brighton MA. Marc knows Porches (race engineer for Black Swan last two years)

I was hoping to convince you to run STU/National...
    Ben's in Joisey. Puuuulenty of good P car shops in the NY and CT metro area
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Wuss.

GFS is still not really stable, but I'd concur with that forecast. We're basically going to be between a high parking up in Quebec and a low down in the southeast. As these move east they're going to be squeezing a front coming across the upper Midwest between them, and it looks like New Hampshire is right in the middle of that gauntlet. And because the high is north and the low south, their rotation is trying to push them back to Ohio, so it's not going away quickly. So starting around Friday morning we'll start to see the wet air mass getting pressed eastward between the two, channeling light rain right over New Hampshire Motor Speedway into Saturday. Looks like we might get dry track in the AM to bed in tires and brakes, rest of afternoon is mixed.

Expect rolling rainstorms through the night Friday.

Saturday morning the low down south is forecast to weaken and move southward, allowing that air mass to expand all across the eastern seaboard. That energy will dissipate somewhat, but we'll get lifting action from the sun and may see a squall mixed in with the light rain. Expect more rain squalls Saturday night.

Right now, GFS is showing some pretty good rainstorms early Sunday AM into dawn, maybe moving off and back to light rain by warm-ups time. Then again mixed for the rest of the day. The drive home will be rainy.

If it's any consolation, looks like it'll all move off by work time Monday AM...

Can't even get away from the rain this weekend if I chose to go do the double at VIR instead...<sigh...>

I don't mind racing in the rain, it's just that it makes a mess of the car and it's difficult to relax at day's end drinking with your paddock mates. The one bright side is that it doesn't appear to have a lot of lift, so except for Sunday AM it's probably just a rain event, so bring your umbrellas and EZ Ups (and we'll probably drink anyway...)

GA
    But what do the birds say. Greg?
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    But what do the birds say. Greg?
    "Stay home and drink beer."

Greg's site has been spot on historically. With only a few weekends available for me due to other commitments, I'm bagging it and trying to get to NJMP soon.
    Andy Bettencourt

With only a few weekends available for me due to other commitments, I'm bagging it and trying to get to NJMP soon.
    Yup. If I wasn't committed to qualifying for the Runoffs in as few events and as locally as possible, I'd be doing the same... - GA

... trying to get to NJMP soon.
    NJMP?!?!?!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

"soon" might mean May 11-13 or perhaps August 18-19
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Yup, driven Lightning, like it.

Need to get to WGI and the Runoffs.
    Andy Bettencourt

cool - so IT is going National... wow!
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Mickey

Close ... IT is going Rational

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    In Andy's world, the NARRC Runoffs are the only Runoffs..........
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Looks like a fix has been found and a cheap fix too! We will see if they get it done. Some bolts backed out in the right rear hub.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

...and weather is looking "better", somewhat. Still some chances for mid- to late-afternoon light showers Friday (may not make it to the ground), and then waffling for the next 12-18 hours, not as heavy rain as predicted yesterday. Saturday is looking like one of those days when you'll have to choose tires last minute...drier early.

Sunday could be a soaker. Looks like mid-Atlantic seaboard weather is building overnight heavy rainstorms, moving north-northeast; early Sunday races look like showers but late-morning on could be heavy rains, possibly 2-3" in southern New England, NY, northern NJ...developing...

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    Mickey

Close ... IT is going Rational

Terry
    Good one Terry!

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    In Andy's world, the NARRC Runoffs are the only Runoffs..........
    I was ASSuming he meant NARRCoffs...

AB needs to make it to ITFest and the ARRC!! I REALLY wanna see him represent at Road Atlanta! If you do it Andy, I will too!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Ya, you won't see me at the Runoffs until IT goes National or the S2000 can run in STL, LOL

The NARRC Runoffs is my favorite event for sure. Trying to chose between the summer or fall WGI dates.
    Andy Bettencourt