Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No 1988 BMW 325e in ITA?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck baader View Post
    Jeff, I understand the numbers/process, however, at 2750 the A car would weigh the same as the S car with the 167hp "i" motor. The SETA would weigh 115# more!

The current ITA e30 is classified such that it is competitive after 4 years of development (much like your car) and can make a few hp over process power, the same as the Miate and CRXs.

The torque debate continues. High torque low rpm CAN be equal to low torque high rpm with a simple rear gear change. Does not matter what the motor does, it matters what is put on the ground. That is why my car, Price's Miata, and Moser's CRX were dead equal on the back straight at the ARRC. CB
    Red herring on the "i." The class power/weight ratio is different in ITA so the calculation is different. One hp is 14 lbs in ITA, but only 12.9 in S (or something close to that).

So a "powerful" A car should weigh more than a "less powerful" S car.

I'm pretty sure the I325e and the E30 325is have not been processed. I'm not saying we are going to do that, I'm just saying if the car is not on process weight and it is requested that we do so....we are required to take a look at it.

The CRX is dead on process weight and the if the Miata dyno charts we have are correct, so is the ITA Miata.

I don't anticipate any changes to the 325s in the never future though. They seem to be a good fit where they are.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

"I325e" Misprint? No such animal.

325i ....88-91 is a 2750# ITS car...was classified when I started racing 10 years ago. Chuck

red986s...applied torque is a function of engine torque X gear ratio X rear end ratio...that is what you actually put on the ground.
    Last edited by chuck baader; 03-21-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: answer
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Is the eta competitive against the Miata? Where I'm going to be racing(CalClub) all the ITA cars are miatas that race in both ITA and SM. There are no ITB cars and also no ITS or ITR cars

Quote Originally Posted by ssilver88 View Post
    To bad your in Florida
    Road trip!!
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

It would be a long trip from Cali but I would be able to visit my hometown. Probably not worth it

Quote Originally Posted by ssilver88 View Post
    Is the eta competitive against the Miata? Where I'm going to be racing(CalClub) all the ITA cars are miatas that race in both ITA and SM. There are no ITB cars and also no ITS or ITR cars
    So if all you have in ITA is SM's that are double dipping, a well prepped and well drive eta should be untouchable.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Thats great news especially because I'm just going to be starting once I finish the build

Then there's Naji in his 200sx. I don't know any where else that this car's run competitively in ITA.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter