Thread: Anyone else notice this?

Default Anyone else notice this?

I purchased the 2007,2009 and 2009 SCCA National road racing DVD's(each in the respective year they were filmed).2007 and 2008 were filmed at Heartland Park by the SPEED channel and were done and edited very well(great picture clarity,interviews and racing. The 2009 DVD was fimed at Road America by SCCA productions.It is so badly filmed, edited and interviewed that it is really not worth watching! I didn't even bother to purchase the 2010 or 2011, as I figured SCCA would be filming those, as well.

I though that the DVD's would be a good way for a rookie driver to watch the pro's and learn a few tips. Has anyone else watched these DVD's. I'd be interested in comments.

You would thing that the SCCA powers to be would want to show off their racers in the best possible light.

I believe it would be primarily an issue of cost.

The SPEED production of the runoffs was in essence a "perk" offered by SPEED in exchange for the World Challenge series rights.

While I have not seen the SCCA produced events (though I watched some live feed on the computer during the event), I was not really impressed by SPEED's production. It appeared to be, essentially, a "live" broadcast that was filmed and aired later, with little to no editing or back-end work after the event. If the SCCA Productions videos are worse than that, I'm glad that I didn't take the time to view them...
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

As far as I'm aware, SCCA doesn't produce the race coverage -- it's done by a company called SpeedcastTV. I found the coverage pretty decent, especially considering it's produced by an online company that doesn't have nearly the funding of SPEED Channel. I imagine with time they'll start adding in-car footage to the mix, but I can only imagine what it's like to produce 20-some races in three days...and then to have to add in-car footage.

For those wanting to watch the races, the Runoffs can be streamed for free at www.speedcasttv.com/scca.
    EP 1990 Mazda RX-7 (used to be STU until the turbo cars scared me away, and STL rotary cars require too much ballast)
    ITS/T4 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V