Thread: New IT class revealed at National Convention

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Have you all been to a LeMons/Chump event? Chump Car isn't that bad, many cars I've seen are similar to IT cars, many of which don't even have the crazy glue on shark fin type items you all mention. I was surprised at how quick and how well prepped some of the cars at the Road Atlanta Chump Car round looked.

ITJ sounds like a joke though, as someone said, without the $500 rules and what not it just makes no sense. Plus why would you want to run it with SCCA when there is a busy Chump Car schedule anyway with endurance races and full fields?

What safety rules are different for these than SCCA? I think the only main difference is no H&N system, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon T. View Post

Plus why would you want to run it with SCCA when there is a busy Chump Car schedule anyway with endurance races and full fields?
    After running in both LeMons, Chump, and scca regional events I can say an attraction is one endurance weekend cost me the same as 2-3 weekends of club racing by myself. The gamble with our $500 car was if one of the other guys wrecked it you don't get any seat time possibly.

There was talk a year or two ago around Nelson that there "might" be a junk car class at some events.