Thread: no 98 vw's?

Default no 98 vw's?

looking at itb to build some new cars. noticed for the golf that there is no listing for the 1998 model year. is this a typo or intentional? up to 97 and from 99-03. who would i need to see about clarification on this? these cars are hard enough to find cheap and im finding a couple of 98's but dont want to build if no class.

If the 98s are the same as the 97s, it should be easy to get it added
    The ITAC guys are very friendly. If there are differences, they need to know.

before I left the ITAc they were working on a submission sheet for car requests. You just fill in the blanks. Basically its the things you see in the ITCS, and some other questions they will use to class it.

Go to the website and shoot a request through the letter submission system.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

You can get the '98 added, no problem. When you go shopping, be aware that floor rust is a HUGE issue on these cars. We added several days - plus new floor pan sheet metal - when we built Pablo II.

K

This looks like an easy one, shoot us a request and we will get it classed.

Thanks.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

where do i send the request and find any app that i need to fill out?

crbscca.com

there's a blank for a letter and you can submit attachments. the more data you can give us the better, but if it matches an already classed car, just show proof of that and it's an easy process.

There's no VIN rule. Just make sure all the specs are the same as the '97, and call it a '97. Then, use the process to get the '98 added later.

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    crbscca.com

there's a blank for a letter and you can submit attachments. the more data you can give us the better, but if it matches an already classed car, just show proof of that and it's an easy process.
    Chip, isn't there a IT version of the VTS sheet? Or if not, shouldn't he be filling out a VTS sheet? (Assuming it's different in some way form the already classed '97)
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Chip, isn't there a IT version of the VTS sheet? Or if not, shouldn't he be filling out a VTS sheet? (Assuming it's different in some way form the already classed '97)
    if the car's the same as an existing (which it appears to be) I'm not really interested in a VTS. the official VTS has too many blanks we don't need and I think it scares some people off. I don't know of an IT VTS but I'll work on getting one approved because it's a good idea.

for now, though, just post the important stats - everything from the standard IT listing and we'll do the background. if its a new listing, we'll need more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
    the official VTS has too many blanks we don't need and I think it scares some people off. I don't know of an IT VTS but I'll work on getting one approved because it's a good idea.
    Agreed...The big VTS has lots of WTF blanks, like windshield angle?

One was supposed to being done when I left the ITAC. Should be an easy thing and make it smoother for the applicant.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    There's no VIN rule. Just make sure all the specs are the same as the '97, and call it a '97. Then, use the process to get the '98 added later.

GA
    Yeah, duh. The only reason Pablo is a '94 is because I've "declared" it to be the case in the logbook. Good thinking, Greg.

K

I have a 97 and a 98 (Im building the 97) and everything seem to be the same. Looking the ETKA sheets, it looks like a line for line copy. The engines, trans gears, HP ratings ETC are all the same.
    David Boles
    Boles Motorsports
    ITB 79
    Mk3 VW Golf