Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro-IT at NJMP with Grand-Am

Since I'll be driving down, I'll probably chuck the tent and air bed in the trunk and plan on that option.

Can someone essplain to the NJMP rookie how the track is going to be different than for the 12 hours...?

K

As Val indicated above, we have reached our GCR limit of 56 cars for Rounds 1 and 2 of the TreadZone Pro IT Series. A waiver to increase this limit is under consideration but a decision will not be available for a day or two.

The event has been closed to new registrations on DLB and a Wait List has been established. Future vacancies will be filled from the Wait List in the order of sign-up. I expect (but cannot guarantee) that vacancies will be available before the event.

If there are any questions regarding the Wait List process, please contact Val Heun, our Registrar.

We appreciate the strong support and are looking forward to a great event.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post
    I was just dying

Gee Stephen, uhh u r a big cheating homo...u cannot run different rotacams in that windmill...

Chris - I wanna see you up front this year. None of that test driver stuff!
    LOL

test driver?

I dunno about up front, but I will race this year and am building an engine, but $$ is an issue. Thank you though Ben, I wanna see it too!

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    I am not sure who "we" is. But my "we" is saving money for a wedding reception. Enclosed is on the list, just 3rd after the prepping the Civic :P
    "We" is my teammate and I. edit: oh and get your priorities straight!

Quote Originally Posted by ValerieH View Post
    54 registered in 48 hours. Wow!
    Wow indeed!!! record?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Terry, do we pay $250 for camping if we are sleeping in our enclosed trailers in our paddock spot? How about the $35 to tent in our paddock spot?

Stephen
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    Stephen

An enclosed trailer does not fit my definition of an RV or Toter Home. Tent camping is available in our paddock.

Terry
    Technically if you camp on the property, you owe a min of 35 dollars for the site. They call it tent camping, but you can sleep in whatever you want lol they sometimes unofficially refer to it as vehicle camping for people like me.

Quote Originally Posted by cchandler View Post
    In (trying to make ITA a little less lonely!)
    awesome!!!!!!!!!!! happy to have ya!

Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
    Sweet!!!
    yup!

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Since I'll be driving down, I'll probably chuck the tent and air bed in the trunk and plan on that option.

Can someone essplain to the NJMP rookie how the track is going to be different than for the 12 hours...?

K

chicane number two will be used. I assume this is what you were asking?
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Kirk

If you look at the track map included in the supps for both events you will see two chicanes - the first between Stations 1 and 2 and the second at Station 3.

The Devil in the Dark will run our standard Club Racing course which bypasses both chicanes. The TreadZone Pro IT w / Grand-Am will run the pro course which utilizes the second chicane. The faster pro series like Rolex use the chicane to avoid getting airborne at the Station 4 rise. This event will be the first one that the Pro IT Series or any Club Racing event has used the pro course.

HTH

Terry

so the fastest guys on this weekend will have new track records that will last until at least next year!!!

Holy shit 250 for a motor home? That is a total rob!!!! More than a hotel!

Terry what's the deal here?
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by benspeed View Post

Ben, The Hotels/Motels refer to it as "Special Event Pricing"
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Ben

It's exactly as Tom said - the Grand-Am Rolex event is a Special Event weekend (along with ARCA and AMA). This price is probably very reasonable (or at least expected) for the Grand-AM teams but not so much for Pro IT and PCA competitors. Part of it is NJMP has to pay a very healthy fee for a Grand-Am sanction and they in turn recover their costs from ticket sales, support races (us) and miscellaneous fees like camping.

Terry

OUCH!!!!

Ok taking in boarders...

Thanks Terry - appreciate the reply
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Ben, I'm the one that tripped over that when I called the track Thursday to 'reserve' a motorhome paddock spot. I just about pooped out of a different hole. I didn't give a CC #, but left it with the guy I talked to that he would check at his end and I would at mine. After emailing DA, Val and Terry, Two Hundred and Fifty Dugans is what it is. Maybe even without electric too............
    Rob Foley
    Race: ITB '87 CRX Si
    Autocross: GP '86 Civic Si

Rob

After emailing DA, Val and Terry, Two Hundred and Fifty Dugans is what it is. Maybe even without electric too............
    I have confirmed that the $250 RV camping fee includes electric - there is a small bright spot in that large black cloud.

Terry

As I recall, the very first Grand AM weekend at NJMP in 2008 was $1000 (or was it $1500?) for a motorhome spot, WITHOUT electricity (I was there with a Koni ST team, I saw it)...so they've kinda/sorta gotten reasonable.

Keep in mind this ain't a club race, it's Grand Am; there's a lot of coin floating around pro weekends with a lot of big teams looking for someplace to park their million-dollar-plus Class A rigs. $250 for a spot is fluff. It's also a tax write off.

You think you're hot stuff with your Class C motorhome and an enclosed trailer? Nope. Big fish/small pond, and all that. Walk around the paddock and think about that next time you get the gumption to go "pro racing"... - GA

since you guys are on the subject of motor homes, I thought that I would post this link to my friend, Bob Ohara's website.

I'm no expert on motor homes but this is the best deal I've ever seen.1998, 35,000 miles,V10 and looks brand new! Wish I weren't an old fart on a fixed income....LOL.

http://www.ohararestorations.com/ind...=detail&id=234

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    As I recall, the very first Grand AM weekend at NJMP in 2008 was $1000 (or was it $1500?) for a motorhome spot, WITHOUT electricity (I was there with a Koni ST team, I saw it)...so they've kinda/sorta gotten reasonable.

Keep in mind this ain't a club race, it's Grand Am; there's a lot of coin floating around pro weekends with a lot of big teams looking for someplace to park their million-dollar-plus Class A rigs. $250 for a spot is fluff. It's also a tax write off.

You think you're hot stuff with your Class C motorhome and an enclosed trailer? Nope. Big fish/small pond, and all that. Walk around the paddock and think about that next time you get the gumption to go "pro racing"... - GA
    That's why I'm not Pro Racing, despite the other driver in the family thinking Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus should buy him a MX-5 Cup car.

The math is $4k or $5k a weekend.

And to also add on edit, NJMP has had some management issues that merited checking the price noted in the supps compared to the quote over the phone. The Thursday test day is $450 too for 2 hours of seat time. Another cost that goes with the weekend.
    Last edited by preparedcivic; 04-08-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    Rob Foley
    Race: ITB '87 CRX Si
    Autocross: GP '86 Civic Si

Rob

And to also add on edit, NJMP has had some management issues that merited checking the price noted in the supps compared to the quote over the phone.
    In fairness to NJMP, the confusion over camping fees was created when the camping paragraph from a previous pro support race was added to our Race Information without confirmation. The track has been very helpful with event information. I am glad that our error surfaced now rather when our teams were at the front gate.

Terry

Default Event Status Update

This morning we have received a waiver from the Executive Steward which will allow us to increase our maximum entries to 62 for Rounds 1 & 2. Val is in the process of registering five cars from the Wait List. There is one remaining opening for the event. Future vacancies may appear if currently registered drivers withdraw.

Due to the nature of our DLB software, the event will remain closed and all interested drivers must add their names to the Wait List. Val will continue to invite Wait List drivers to fill vacancies in the order of sign-up.

Once the event is fully subscribed, we will display the Wait List on our series site www.ProITSeries.com so that all drivers will be able to see their status. There are no drivers on the Wait List at the current time.

Terry

Terry, I am registered, but have not sent in my check yet. Normally I pay with check at the track. Sometimes some of the regions like to get a check before the event to "seal the deal" and complete the registration. Can you comment on this? If I need to send a check in advance I can do that.
    thanks,
    Tim M
    Tim Mullen
    # 86 ITB
    2006 NERRC Champion - ITB
    2006 NARRC Champion - ITB

Tim

I saw that you are registered - welcome back

Normally I pay with check at the track. Sometimes some of the regions like to get a check before the event to "seal the deal" and complete the registration. Can you comment on this? If I need to send a check in advance I can do that.
    We are discussing that process now. We have always had a very liberal cancellation policy and I expect that it will continue. OTOH we want to be fair to the drivers on the Wait List. We may send an email out to our 'check' customers suggesting a pre-event payment. In the meantime I will ask registered drivers - if you know that you will not be able to race for any reason, please go to DLB and withdraw from the event so that we can invite the next person on the Wait List.

Looking forward to seeing everybody at the Grand-Am

Terry

Is it possible to find out how far down I am on the wait list? If it looks like I have no chance, I'll slow down the car prep, cancel hotel rooms, etc. Was on vacation lsst week. Didn't realize the event was filling up so fast!
    Fred Fox
    E36 325iS
    #56 ITR

Fred - You are #1 on the list of 1 at this time. Terry sent it to me late last night.

Posted the list on www.ProITSeries.com on the main page. I'll keep the latest one up there.
    Last edited by dtanthon; 04-16-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony