Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Pro-IT at NJMP with Grand-Am

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    That was a stellar move by the guy in the red BMW, heaving the backmarker Miata into the daisies at about 20 minutes into the video.

K
    Agreed, that was certainly avoidable contact. Not sure who that was. Too bad, didn't have to happen, that BMW had some ooomph, enough to fly by a Miata if he'd waited 5 seconds.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Agreed, that was certainly avoidable contact. Not sure who that was. Too bad, didn't have to happen, that BMW had some ooomph, enough to fly by a Miata if he'd waited 5 seconds.
    Agreed. This is one of the reasons NJMP was not impressed with us on Saturday. Was a penalty dished out? Paper thrown? I'd have thrown it myself, had I been part of the event and saw it... I hope at the very least that an apology was offered directly after the race.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Matt forgot to flip the rear cam though :/ hurts my head to watch it lol

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyH View Post
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Yeah, I noticed that the rear camera needs to be mirrored as well. I'll try to fix that and get Rd.2 up there too, just need to get some software to edit them.

Crap, I forgot about the footage in the middle when the miata was turned, been a week since we all watched it together in Matt's RV. Didn't mean to throw anyone under the bus...

Really feel bad about Driscoll's car, that incident could have ruined my year just as easily. That car fit him like an old glove, which is something not easily replaced. Hope they can get it fixed and back in action soon. As much as I saw the bumper of his car in the last 3 seasons I mean that in all sincerity. It means alot more trying to race and win against the autotechnic guys (and Matt - get your car prepped!).

My car is getting trans rebuilt as I write this, you probably noticed that 3rd gear kept popping out towards end of the race. After sunday's race the trans was toast. I was lucky to bring it home thanks to the shortened race.
    John Hainsworth #95 ITS RX7
    2012 & 2013 Fidelity Power Systems Pro-IT Series Champion
    max-attack.net

cool! Yea, I forget what he said he used...

It was a sweet move, lol, just really not needed!

You are just scared of the next one! I feel bad too though, that car has such a great history and they are such good guys... They are saying that the car is totaled. I wonder if they have a new shell waiting in the wings...

I did... and I remember you talking about it after the race on Sunday!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"

Whomever was driving the red BMW looked a bit out of control (prior to the punt).
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    Matt forgot to flip the rear cam though :/ hurts my head to watch it lol
    And could you get rid of the gauges too? It makes a distracting reflection on the windshield.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Great weekend at NJMP! I was only disappointed when a fellow spun out and backed into my car, ripping a hole through the passenger door. First time out and a brand new paint job...well, bought a new door off eBay and will get the car dialed in again.

Great racing - some in car. I think this might be one of the best video documented races to date.

https://vimeo.com/42480308 round 1
    https://vimeo.com/42491886 round 2
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    Agreed. This is one of the reasons NJMP was not impressed with us on Saturday. Was a penalty dished out? Paper thrown? I'd have thrown it myself, had I been part of the event and saw it... I hope at the very least that an apology was offered directly after the race.
    I'm still surprised at all the hot tows we had on Saturday. It was all a bit hectic out there.

I had just been passed by the camera car before the orange miata got turned. I didn't know if he had been shoved or if he did it on his own....now I know.

Finally had a chance to post Round 2 video from the Grand-Am weekend. Not sure if my transmission would have lasted the full race length. This is much more exciting to watch than my video from Round 3 this past weekend.

Round 2 front: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Sa_PAKrZ0[/ame]

Round 2 rear bumper cam: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho4k1XNujio[/ame]
    John Hainsworth #95 ITS RX7
    2012 & 2013 Fidelity Power Systems Pro-IT Series Champion
    max-attack.net