Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro-IT at NJMP with Grand-Am

Default Pro-IT at NJMP with Grand-Am

I've never done a pro-IT race before, but would like to do this one.

I tried to sign up on DLB, and don't see a "register" link. Did I miss the boat, or is registration not open yet?

Thanks,
    Vick
    #12 Miata with the bad paint job

Not open yet.
    It will be on DLBRacing.com once opened.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Daryll, Any idea on entry fees yet? Just got my tax return so I need to save some of that if I can sneak it away from the wife

I am definetly going and would love to help out in any way that I can!

Stephen

Thanks Darrell. I'm hoping for a fun race!

- Vick

trying to jump the gun huh Vic?
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

C'mon....it will be my first Pro-IT. I think it will be fun!

Plus I had already resigned myself to not making this race because of a wedding....turns out I had my dates mixed up so now I'm all excited.

I am with you vic! This lack of snow has me all messed up and itching to get on track! I can't wait

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    I am with you vic! This lack of snow has me all messed up and itching to get on track! I can't wait

Stephen
    What he said. ^^^^

Eagerly awaiting the opening of registration....

So, just put my schedule together for 2012 - and definitely going to do the May 11-13 weekend at NJMP! Pro-IT and Grand-Am support!! WOOHOO!!
    So, just was checking out hotel rooms..........OUCH! almost no rooms available and at ridiculous pricing!! A couple of questions come to mind about this weekend:
    - is there, any camping at the NJMP facility? If yes - how is it? Showers? Noise? Facilities in general?
    - Is there a schedule available for the weekend yet? I was online but had no success in finding good, detailed info.
    - I understand that we will be "on track" on Friday, but if I got down there Wednesday night, is there any practice track time available on Thursday?
    I am getting all itchy for the season to start!!!
    later,
    Tim M.
    Tim Mullen
    # 86 ITB
    2006 NERRC Champion - ITB
    2006 NARRC Champion - ITB

Thinking out of the box, I'm wondering about keeping Pablo up there after the Devil 12 hours and doing this instead of the SARRC double at VIR. Cameron and crew are going to be at Laguna with the Touring cars that weekend, so I'll be kind of on my own if I went south.

K

Patience, figure by the end of next week the entry should be posted. Terry is working on that as well as the school and Devil.
    There is plenty of camping at the track. If I remember you will get charged for it, I have not seen the contract so don’t know if it is.
    NJMP has good showers with hot water in the Officer’s Club where Driving Impressions is located.
    Quiet time is 8 till 8.
    From what I’ve been told Friday will be busy for us, expect early sessions on all 3 days but Friday will be busy. There is a lot going on. We should have a great spot on Saturday for our first race. Sunday will be in the morning.
    We don’t get any time until Friday. Grand Am has testing on Thursday.
    Of course all this is subject to change until we get the entry published.

I also need to get windshield banners, side decals and sponsor decals out to you before the event. I'l do that once the entry is open so I can get everyone before we arrive.

Come on over for the school or Devil, going to be fun!
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony

Will we have a specific paddock location?
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Rob

Will we have a specific paddock location?
    The plan is to have our own paddock area (same as our ARCA support events) but we're not sure where it will be at this time.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    Rob

The plan is to have our own paddock area (same as our ARCA support events) but we're not sure where it will be at this time.

Terry
    Terry, the other thing that would be helpfull is to see when we will be able to get in on Thursday. Not that I object to be inline outside the gates BUT would make things more pleasant to be inside setting up at leisurely pace.!! Thanks Tom Weaver
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Tom

Terry, the other thing that would be helpfull is to see when we will be able to get in on Thursday. Not that I object to be inline outside the gates BUT would make things more pleasant to be inside setting up at leisurely pace.!! Thanks Tom Weaver
    The good news is that Registration will be open on Thursday evening. The bad news is that we will be the first cars on track on Friday morning.

See ya at the races

Terry

Terry, what time is it open until, and what time do you think it will open in the am?

I can't wait I'm getting very excited for this year!! I think this weekend is a perfect way to start the year, the only thing that would be better would be too close it grand am weekend at lime rock. but this is already pretty damn cool

Stephen

Stephen

Terry, what time is it open until, and what time do you think it will open in the am?
    For our ARCA support races, Registration was open from 6:00-9:00 on Thursday evening and 7:00-10:00 on Friday morning. Although the schedule isn't set yet, I expect similar hours this year.

Terry

Here is what's posted on Grand-am website:

http://www.grand-am.com/assets/2012N...icialsched.pdf

Also, do we know which tire suppliers will be there?
    Last edited by mossaidis; 03-22-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: grammar
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Do we run the Grand Am layout or the typical scca layout. IE. do we run the chicanes.
    Chris

Chris

Do we run the Grand Am layout or the typical scca layout. IE. do we run the chicanes.
    The Grand Am support races will run the same course as Grand Am including the second chicane.

Terry