Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eurasian Engines - Proposal?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Honest question which may be answered by Andy's answer...

Why can the S2000 run at ITR spec but the RX8 has to add weight? Why can't I run my RX8 as an ITR car?

Stephen

PS: Jake you are spot on for IT gains and stock they have 170-180. Biggest issue with any Rotary Dyno number is that none are really set up for them specifically so the user error is pretty high.
    Are you asking about running the S2K or RX8 in ITR trim in STL or STU?

Greg (et al.) - Can I get some guidance re: what specs you need in order to consider a specific spec-line request? What kind of documentation counts as sufficient evidence on which to base a decision? I'm looking at the Euro-spec VW ABF 2.0 16v, as found in the continental GTI of the same generation as Pablo.

Thanks in advance,

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Can I get some guidance re: what specs you need in order to consider a specific spec-line request?
    Not yet. We need to get the general idea approved before we can get to the specifics.

My sense is that we're going to need power output specs to ensure it does not exceed expected guidelines for the class (whatever those are), and then relevant scrutineering specs so it can be tech'd (e.g., intake manifold design/part numbers, throttle body size/part numbers, valve sizes, some idea of stock port configuration, etc). But that's just a WAG on my part right now.

Let's get buy-in on the concept then we can work on the details.

GA

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Not yet. We need to get the general idea approved before we can get to the specifics.

My sense is that we're going to need power output specs to ensure it does not exceed expected guidelines for the class (whatever those are), and then relevant scrutineering specs so it can be tech'd (e.g., intake manifold design/part numbers, throttle body size/part numbers, valve sizes, some idea of stock port configuration, etc). But that's just a WAG on my part right now.

Let's get buy-in on the concept then we can work on the details.

GA
    Excellent - thanks!

K

Your thread over on RRAX brought about a response from Mr Keane (of the CRB ), who seems to indicate he's in favor of the concept.

http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthr...t=38540&page=2

I really really hope they don't do the 5% off strut cars to equalize performance to RWD cars. Right idea but wrong order. Get big issues resolved, then do the smaller bits.

I AM encouraged though, to see a bit of a break from the Everything is equal, just pick your weight and race mentality. Allowing that chassis selection does matter, and wanting to adjust for that...by genre...is a good indication that they are thinking that it would be good to get more cars on the same relative footing.
    Last edited by lateapex911; 02-22-2012 at 03:46 AM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I'm very happy to see that this is being worked on. Please inform us when and how we should show our support most productivly.
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Holy CRAP, Jake! You didn't just link to the Sandbox did you? You know wha...

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Holy CRAP, Jake! You didn't just link to the Sandbox did you? You know wha...

That's some funny $h^! right there......... LOL!
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Quote Originally Posted by JS154 View Post
    Are you asking about running the S2K or RX8 in ITR trim in STL or STU?
    RX8 in ITR trim.

edited because...
    Last edited by StephenB; 02-22-2012 at 10:09 AM.

edited because...
    "racecar"...?

RX8 in ITR trim.

edited because...
    You are perfectly welcome to install a 13B in the RX8 and run it at the 13b weight. There are options. Everyone would like there car to fit inside the Super touring Box neatly and cleanly. It just doesn't work that way.

I for one know of an RX8 that will be running ST in GLDiv. Lets see how it does and if it really is that far off, then we can re look at it. I suspect it will do just fine.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Chris,

I was confused because I thought other ITR cars could run in STL with ITR prep levels. Some others on this site posted they were going to run an S2000 under ITR prep rules. That is what didn't make sense to me.

Sorry, Back on topic...

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit07 View Post
    I for one know of an RX8 that will be running ST in GLDiv. Lets see how it does and if it really is that far off, then we can re look at it. I suspect it will do just fine.
    If that Huffmaster kid is driving, it won't matter how far off the car is.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Still wondering what rule or principle of the SCCA we're upholding by only allowing "in family" engine swaps, whatever that tortured interpretation is.

I would like to see more of what Ron is talking about... complete engine swaps. set the weight based on engine adders, suspension adders and maybe a few other things and let them run! Use any engine in any chasis! That would be cool and I bet we would see some cool cars to

Stephen

Submit a rule proposal, see what happens...

Submit a rule proposal, see what happens...
    I suspect you already have an idea of what will happen, no dice. What I'm asking is what is the foundation for allowing only in family swaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    I suspect you already have an idea of what will happen, no dice. What I'm asking is what is the foundation for allowing only in family swaps?
    Not intending it a personal attack, Ron, but that's just a really silly idea. Short of roundy-round and drag racing, you'd be hard-pressed to find any other racing org that allows, for example, installing Ford engines into Camaros. I doubt even the vaunted N-group does that.

My first thought when I read your post way up there was not "why are we not being allowed to do that?" but "why in the hell would anyone want to do that...?" I mean, it's like dogs and cats sleeping together...

If you want to go that direction, just build a GT tubeframe car and slap whatever shaped headlights and logo attract your attention.

GA

Not intending it a personal attack, Ron, but that's just a really silly idea. Short of roundy-round and drag racing, you'd be hard-pressed to find any other racing org that allows, for example, installing Ford engines into Camaros. I doubt even the vaunted N-group does that.
    I dunno, I suppose I'm a stupid minority that doesn't recognize an unwritten race rule that reads "Thou shalt not swap Honda engines into a Ford chassis, it is just a really silly idea".

The rule set is based on displacement and weight, the engines don't care who made them and I'm not sure why the racers would.

Chris,

I was confused because I thought other ITR cars could run in STL with ITR prep levels. Some others on this site posted they were going to run an S2000 under ITR prep rules. That is what didn't make sense to me.

Sorry, Back on topic...

Stephen
    But you understand the rule now right? Cars prepped to IT spec that are 2.0L and under. The rotaries are classed at 2.6L.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967