Thread: Eurasian Engines - Proposal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chris,

I was confused because I thought other ITR cars could run in STL with ITR prep levels. Some others on this site posted they were going to run an S2000 under ITR prep rules. That is what didn't make sense to me.

Sorry, Back on topic...

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Chris,

I was confused because I thought other ITR cars could run in STL with ITR prep levels. Some others on this site posted they were going to run an S2000 under ITR prep rules. That is what didn't make sense to me.

Sorry, Back on topic...

Stephen
    But you understand the rule now right? Cars prepped to IT spec that are 2.0L and under. The rotaries are classed at 2.6L.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I'm just a dork but for the life of me, I can't find the "feedback requested" item re: non-USDM engines in ST anywhere... Help?

K

letter 7402, under suggested rules for 2013, page 3 of the may fastrack.

Thanks, Chip! Letter of support submitted.

Plot of an actual stock example (blue) compared to the VW factory published output using the DIN std of measurement and correction (red).

Power - Torque - Conditions
    VW claims 110kW (150PS) @6000 rpm - 180Nm (133 lbft) @4800 rpm - DIN 70020
    Actual 154bhp @ 6300rpm - 138lbft@4300 rpm- Dyno Dynamics ATMC2 correction used

K

Kirk - seems to me that the 1.8 and 2.0 20v motors might have a better shot than the ABF 16v, simply due to a less crappy exhaust side port design. Would need cam development, and still might not ever make it up to asian specific outputs...
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Could be. I'm starting with what I'm reasonably familiar with (from rallying) but I'd love to get additional info on those options.

K

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Chris,

Sorry, Back on topic...

Stephen
    As Andy said, Stephen, The STAC has decreed that they will use the 'double displacement' standard for rotaries when they class them in STL. So, a 1300cc 13B is the piston equivalent of 2.6 litres.
    And STL is limited to cars less than 2.0 litres. No ITR BMW, for example, may run in any STL race.
    But, a 2.0 litre ITR S2000 can run in it's IT configuration as it is 2.0 litres, but since the S2000 is on the chassis exclusion list in STL it may NOT run in STL configuration.

Follow? I missed it at first too.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com