Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ST Impact on IT...?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Still wondering how that RX8 was so quick at 3000lbs and what - 215whp?
    Andy
    That RX8 honestly was not that "fast"! It was however, very well prepped and sorted. It handled and broke really well, Ray obviously had lots of laps in the car and drove it well. My Miata did not show its' true potential, I was oiling down the tires and didn't realize it until well after the race( months). I thought it was just too stiff on rear shocks. Without the Miata oiling down tires, IMO whoever is driving the miata in that race would have won. I think the Miata would have taken much of the driver factor out of the race. With the weight this year and the many cars coming this year, I imagine the same Miata will be tail end of the lead pack or maybe even mid pack depending on how many cars come next year.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jdrago1 View Post
    Andy
    That RX8 honestly was not that "fast"! It was however, very well prepped and sorted. It handled and broke really well, Ray obviously had lots of laps in the car and drove it well. My Miata did not show its' true potential, I was oiling down the tires and didn't realize it until well after the race( months). I thought it was just too stiff on rear shocks. Without the Miata oiling down tires, IMO whoever is driving the miata in that race would have won. I think the Miata would have taken much of the driver factor out of the race. With the weight this year and the many cars coming this year, I imagine the same Miata will be tail end of the lead pack or maybe even mid pack depending on how many cars come next year.
    Jim
    Good info Jim. Like I have said, the danger here was regulating the RWD cars out of competitiveness before any top flight FWD cars get developed. The reason they did so well was hey were well driven, already developed packages. Your situation notwithstanding, it was obvious that you did more motor development in year one than anyone in the class could fathom.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

<shaking head...>

It was more than *I* could fathom for sure, especially in V.1. Either way, given the known HP/weight ratios, it was a quick move.
    Last edited by Andy Bettencourt; 12-19-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967