Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Minimum weight display

As long as you run 100% IT legal you run that weight. Interchange specs on 1 item you go to STU weight, or do not run if not specifically listed in STU.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    As long as you run 100% IT legal you run that weight. Interchange specs on 1 item you go to STU weight, or do not run if not specifically listed in STU.
    Is this applicable in STL as well ?

Any IT-compliant car (even ITR) can compete in STU.

Any IT-compliant car 2L displacement and less can compete in STL.

In either case, you must completely conform to the IT regs, including weight, in which case you must display your IT weight (though you must also display the STU or STL class.) However, if you deviate in any way* from the IT regs, you must completely conform to the STU/L regs, in which case you'll display your STU/L weight.

GA

* A good example: any SM car can also compete in STL. However, we're getting rumors that some 1.8L SMs think it's OK to pull their restrictor plate and still compete in STL as an SM. That is incorrect; to meet the regs to compete in STL as an SM, they must "completely conform...to Spec Miata class specifications". If they happen to otherwise meet the STL specs they're fine, but many do not meet the 5" ride height requirement and many of the allowed SM head mods do not strictly meet the STL regs (as they do not in ITA/S).

Cmon what happened to the nonsensical bitching about two dollar stickers??? This thread is perfect for winter punishment.

God dammit how can anybody make me put TWO friggin stickers on my million dollar IT car??? The dogcart injustice of the unholy volunteers trying to make life better for TECH????

Im running my crayola tampon sticker right up the car pooper!!! Take that!!!! I bet these assholes even cheer for the communist liberal Patriots - smells like this dictatorship comes from New England or some other smartypants part of Syria or sum tin.......
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Sorry Ben,

I've got a wire-harness that needs triming, and my concerns were addressed that:

a ) were all reading the same rule

b ) not all of us have acres of sheet metal next to our class designation

Finally, I do have to say I appreicate the job that Chuck, Peggy, John, Ken, and Kevin do at Cal-Club Tech I can go to a shop and pay money for an anual, or I can get it done at Tech for free. As I'm a racer on a budget I go with Tech every time, and truely appreciate their effort.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I think if you go to any of the shops on the Cal Club list a renewal annual is free. At least I don't charge for a renewal and I've done a couple dozen or so over the years (a burger from In-n-Out across the street is appreciated ). I will charge $40 an hour (half my shop rate) for a new car inspection.

You charge a club racer labor for a log book issue?
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

No, Cal Club Tech does not charge competitors for stuff (except some stickers). My company, BetaMotorsports will charge an hourly fee for a new vehicle tech inspection if a competitor brings the car to my shop. I don't charge for a annual renewal. My shop is one of the approved tech shops for Cal Club.