Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Minimum weight display

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    You'll have to excuse me, but I relied on the actual event results, not the reserved numbers.

Exactly how quicker will those "50" Spec Miatas get through the push-on/push-off scales by adding these decals? I can see where cars might get through a drive-on scale quicker, but I don't see much even in that situation.

SM isn't the issue. It's getting the alphabet soup groups through.

http://www.sowdivscca.org/raceresult...%20-%20Sat.pdf
    25 cars in the race. 13 classes. 24 out of that race would have gone to impound, only 3 had the same weight.

There are many Rational races where we have had 40+ starters, but being a Rational, they only sent the national entries to impound and let the regional cars go. had it been a restricted regional, all those 40 cars would have still been on the track at the same time

As for the ST* guys that might have alternate suspension, transmissions, or engines, I don't see any/many of them complaining. (I'm not...) Those classes are the ones that these little stickers are going to help get through impound. This isn't about making people feel good about themselves or be fair, it's about efficiency. This is a very simple task, and you're making it an absolute nightmare.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post

Also, I've done blown up the mouse wheel that was the power in my car, and they don't make them anymore. So I've got that hurdle.

But, $5 worth of little stickers I can stick on my window???? A one time expense? Are you kidding? I'm going to get upset about that!?! Plus, it helps my friends Dick and Greg...of course I'll do it.

I gotta isolate and think big picture, IMO.
    Hey Jake, I think ST is calling. Swap a 13B in that puppy add a wing and go racing

As for the sticker, the rules say visable, Greg and John say all sides If it's suposed to be all sides then why doesn't the rule say that?
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    Hey Jake, I think ST is calling. Swap a 13B in that puppy add a wing and go racing

As for the sticker, the rules say visable, Greg and John say all sides If it's suposed to be all sides then why doesn't the rule say that?
    ST? Not gonna happen in this chassis! It's an old live axle car. STL rules no care about stuff like that, so i'd be stupid to invest a cent for that.
    Plus, they don't want rotaries in STL, and the weights are extremely non competitive.
    And building that for STU is like throwing money down a dry well when there's a pipeline nearby. Again, wrong chassis, and more mods allowed = more expense.

As for the stickers, who cares what the rule says? it's a request to list your weight so tech can see it easily...I'll parse a performance rule to death to glean an advantage, but this? It's for everyones good, so I'll use my best judgement and try to please Greg and Dick.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by TStiles View Post
    Please tell me that we're ( SW Division ) just going with our Tech stickers that have the weight on them ?

Looking at the new GCR that just made it to the website. the final version of the rule that made it into the GCR appears to me to allow that. The first version I read said 2" numbers next to the class designation. The tech sticker would not have met that requirement.

Let's see what the Houston tech crew does next weekend.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

Next weekend, or next race weekend?

The story I heard from Svaton or Rogerson said the SWDiv tech sticker will work for us, unless the tech table is on the other side of the car. (then I'll just put the sticker on the other side! )
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

The tech sticker works but then you have to deal with it every weekend. Do your own simple sticker on the car and you are done.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I'll get there eventually. have to get off this oil rig before I can touch the car.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    I'll get there eventually. have to get off this oil rig before I can touch the car.
    If you find yourself driving through Port Barre, I know someplace you can crash...

GA, amused that this conversation is still going on...

Not far out of my way actually.. It's about 20 mi north of the I-10 hell I'll be driving through.

I'm amazed that after 7 pages of this BS, we're still remotely on the same subject! Wait.. I think tGA and I have just shot that one in the foot.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Family is from Opelousas, my dad lives just off Hwy 190 on Bayou Cortableu. "Rustic" but comfy and plenty of beds (he usually hosts BMW Club bike riders passing through the area). Plenty good places to get good Cajun cooking in Port Barre and area, easy access to Baton Rouge and New Orleans...

If you're into that sort of thing.....
    I've just never been able to get into the cajun/NOLA lifestyle.
    I guess because most of my experience has dealt with Katrina "refugees" that moved to Houston and trashed the place. Then I come through this state and see the mess they left behind. (There are STILL boats sitting on the side of the highways that were washed up there during Katrina...)
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Oh, you'd LOVE sitting down with my dad and a couple cousins and listening to that side of the story and what they saw...safe to say sha, dey raght der wit choo....

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Dude, you need to get a social life!!! LOL
    says he who apparently has nothing better to do than stalk this thread...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post

You can do what the rules says. I just asked that you put two stickers on the car (pass and driver side) so it makes things a bit easier depending on whether we're running CW or CCW at Buttonwillow or other tracks. One sticker is enough to meet the rule requirements and I and the other folks in tech won't complain about it.

I've spent about a week in Gonzalez (close to Port Barre?) and down on the river ove the last 2 months for work (Nucor steel mill going in). Piss poor place, kinda grungy.

FANTASTIC people, FANTASTIC food. The freaking Clarion hotel has some restaurant attached to it that has some of the best food I've had in years.

Cool area.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Oh, you'd LOVE sitting down with my dad and a couple cousins and listening to that side of the story and what they saw...safe to say sha, dey raght der wit choo....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Cool area.
    These are not places I'd want to try to make a living, but they are most certainly on my short list of places to live when I'm done working...

ATTENTION SOWDIV

Consulted with the Divisional Administrator of Tech today at the divisional meeting, Yes the tech sticker will meet the rule requirement.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

Thanks for the update, Jerry!

Since IT cars running in ST go by the IT specs, if I were to double dip in ITC & STU this year, I would use the ITC weight of 2380 lbs, as the weight in both classes, right?

Bob Clifton
    #05 ITC Dodge Daytona (even if it still says ITB on the door)

The way I understand it, you would use your IT weight.