Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Minimum weight display

Since we're already in the gutter... Maybe we should all chip in and buy jjjjjjjanus a BJ.. might cheer him up a bit.

And yes, there are quite often 20+ cars in impound in SWDiv. we regularly have 30+ car fields in SM, SRF, and small bore.. We have a few more people than just three redneck cousins named Darrell holding each others' beer while the other one is making laps in the tow truck. :P

Last edited by Matt93SE; 01-18-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

ah... hm... gez...um...

We are trying to make things easier with what we have and improve what we have.

Speaking of easier, can you jjjanos place a signature at the bottom of your posts? something like (I *think* this is accurate...):

Jeff Janoska
    #20 ITX Honda CRX XX
    XXX region

I always forget who the heck you are since we have never met and, if we did, we would not introduce ourselves with our IT.com alias name. I literally spent 30 minutes searching jjjanos on the internet trying to find out who you are. It was a comprehensive result set as I found out what other forums you author on, entire threads dedicated on your behalf (sometimes ones there just to berate you), your birthdate, your home address, photos of "Smurf damage" on your #20 blue CRX (bummer dude), your laptimes on mylaps.com, etc. Yet, it would have been more "efficient" for you to place some information in your sig. Lack there of, I will now remember to wish you a happy 46th birthday next month.

^ take this and apply it here ...

It's your right to protest other cars. it's tech's job to weigh them so the rest of us don't have to. Why? All men are evil, in our case, we use weights to one degree or another to create some level of equity, ppl are sometimes unfairly competitive and I don't have a set of scales nor do I want to lug around a set around the paddock. Just sleep on that... please dream about...efficiency...

You definitely have a unique persceptive on many issues. Though thought provoking, we need to work together on a lot of issues. This is NOT worth the forum member's effort IMO. Let it go...

Does the rule need some clarification? Not in sprint - use good judgement, well I guess there the problem lies. If inclined, I suggest writing a letter to the CRB if you want them to be more specific in the GCR or at least provide some "examples". or in Jeff Janoska's case a letter to the CRB disapproving the rule.

Is it a good rule? I think so. (+1) for me, it's a no brainer. Should SCCA be a lean running machine? Yes. Are there lessons we can learn from other orgnizations? Yes. So, let's work on that AND keep our currect shop running as best as it can be.

I too think we have some bigger fish to fry. Think equity for ITB!!! Think continued classification of more modern IT cars (the next 5-10 years will continue to bring challenges to ITAC, i.e. direct injection, more turbo's, hybrids (?), diesels, higher hp sports cars, etc).
    Last edited by mossaidis; 01-19-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    Like I said.... death by small cuts. It's just one more PITA.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGxPL...ailpage#t=193s
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjanos View Post
    I think you would be hard-pressed to find an event in SWDiv where, other than an impound all, you would have 26 cars in impound at once. And if this is a problem for your region then address it in your region's supplemental regs, not the GCR or get a set of scales that lets the car drive on/off the scales.

Again you think wrong.

Last Rational I had 33 cars in my impound lot for one group.

And no it is not the regions problem. The divisional Executive Steward makes the race groups for all the regions in the division. He will not approve your supps if you do not do it HIS way.

for 2012 the groups are:
    Class Groupings for the 2012 Season
    Group 1: AS, T1, T2, GT1, GT2, GT3, STO, SSB, GTA*, ITE*, ITR*, ITS*, SP*
    Group 2: FA, FB, FC, FE, FM, CSR, DSR, S2, FS*, ASR*
    Group 3: SRF
    Group 4: GTL, STU, EP, FP, HP, SSC, T3, ITA*, ITB*, ITC*, SRX7*, BG*, LG*, SPB*, STL*
    Group 5: FV, F500, FF, FST*, CF*, F600*
    Group 6: SM, SM5*

When SM drivers start acting up HE will put up the IMPOUND ALL board and I will have 50 Miatas sitting in in the lot.
    Last edited by jhooten; 01-19-2012 at 01:21 AM.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Man, as a driver, this is embarrassing. I HOPE Jjjj isn't typical of the average driver, because the volunteers who come in here and read this will think we are all a bunch of pompous know it all selfish pricks.

Jeez you complainers, REALLY!?!?!?!
    Put the fuckin stickers on the car and shut the hell up!
    The tech guys get there first thing in the morning, and are the last to leave. If you think they just sit around all day, shut the hell up and actually work some spring day in tech. I am sure you will learn something if you have the capacity to have an open mind.

And even IF they sat around eating bon bons like the local cops at a dunkin donuts all day, they're serving US, the drivers, for free, so spend the $10 bucks (jjjjjj, aren't you a freakin lawyer or somebody who works some legal beagle job? yea yea, I know, it doesn't matter what you make, it's about the 'principle") and put a couple stickers on the car~

John, "Now I've got to find room on my car"? Really? You can't find 20 sq inches?????? You know how ridiculous that sounds? Sorry, I have respect for you and how you race, etc, but, re read that post of yours. It's not SCCAs fault your car runs like shit. Some of us (ITAC) volunteers fought until we were told to leave by the CRB to get your cars (and others in ITB (and ITA, etc) weights correct*. I've personally spent DAYS of my life on con calls, calling shops, and doing research about ITB. Do me a favor...don't thank me personally...thank me by treating volunteers who have a simple request well, and not making an embarrassing stink about it, l?
    Nothings perfect. Volunteers are helping you and I race. If we're going to complain about putting a 5" sticker on the car, I shudder to think of what we must be like to our wives and girlfriends and family.

*I'm no longer on the ITAC, because I was pushed into resigning over an issue fighting the CRB over ITB issues. Sorry your car isn't at the weight you prefer or think is correct.

Jake ,
    First off thank you for the respect , and right back at you ...

Perhaps I came off in a wrong way ...for me, PERSONALLY, its a culmination of things that has me put off and the reason for my post and what I posted ..should my 5 cylinder heap be an relevant factor for this topic ..nope ..I was venting. I will put a sticker on my car , because the rule state to do so...will I like it ..nope.

Do I want to make the tech VOLUNTEERS work harder? Absolutely Not ... And please make no mistake I am extremely grateful for the work that ALL the SCCA volunteers do .

And I do want to thank you personally for your service on the board ..its got to be a tough gig..and I definitely would not want that job .

And well as far as the Audi weight thing, I have my opinion and others have theirs. I still have numerous factory documents for the stock Audi HP . I have also posted a few pics of said documents. I have been told their is a differing number out there with out solid proof...But this can be discussed in another thread if you like, as this topic has been drawn out in the past.

But, when it come down to it, if you really think that my opinion on the matter is going to change because someone says ...

"shut the fuck up and put the stickers on"

...you are dead wrong my friend.

-John
    Last edited by Rabbit05; 01-19-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit05 View Post
    But, when it come down to it, if you really think that my opinion on the matter is going to change because someone says ...

-John
    But it works when I talk to the kids like that!
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

-John
    John,

Let's take the issue out of your personal context. What if all your safety equipment was up to date, your car was running strong, and you just came off a NARRC Runoffs win in October....do you still feel the same way about the stickers? The point is that for the effort of a couple pieces of duct tape and a sharpie, we could all comply if we really cared that little.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Andy ,
    Nope it isn't that big of a deal ... but like I stated earlier ..its a culmination of things that has moved my opinion in a negative light on this subject.

It's just another SCCA requirement to go and play...

And, personally, I really don't like the numbers on the car..I think some one posted a pic earlier in the thread. I will probably put it in the rear window, like a bumper sticker style. Or if permissible on the cage itself.

-John
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

It's pretty obvious there are a couple of people who are looking to find fault with SCCA any way they can. They aren't going to be reasonable and if that is how they want to act then it's about time they moved on to NASA Chumpcar or some other greener pasture. I'm not worried about workers seeing this, they know what a bad apple looks like.

We're just stroking their egos arguing with them. It's hard to resist though, isn't it?
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    We're just stroking their egos arguing with them. It's hard to resist though, isn't it?
    See post #102.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Hmmmmm. i hope I wasn't coming across as complaining about putting the numbers on my car. I have no problem with that. I was just wondering how the compliance piece of it was going to work. I have a great deal of respect for what all the volunteers do so i can race.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Andy ,
    Nope it isn't that big of a deal ... but like I stated earlier ..its a culmination of things that has moved my opinion in a negative light on this subject.

It's just another SCCA requirement to go and play...

And, personally, I really don't like the numbers on the car..I think some one posted a pic earlier in the thread. I will probably put it in the rear window, like a bumper sticker style. Or if permissible on the cage itself.

-John
    John, I hear you, but we need to step back from our own situations.

I am looking at ditching my Isaac that had the best numbers in the game, and getting something that offers me less protection and is uncomfortable. AND will end up costing me $800, plus a new seat to make up for it's lack of protection that I used to have, for another $1200 or so. (And I'll STILL be less safe, as the egress area I will wind up with is smaller. So that's a lose, lose lose. Dumb.

Also, I've done blown up the mouse wheel that was the power in my car, and they don't make them anymore. So I've got that hurdle.

Plus the helmet is up. Gotta spend for a new one.

So yea, I've got some hurdles....

But I can't blame SCCA for the stupid Head and neck restraint issue. I blame our lame ass legal system, and the racketeers at the SFI. I'm SAD that SCCA has finally sucked up on the deal, but I'm respectful that they resisted for as long as they did.

My engine? My fault, shoulda had spares.

helmet? Again, my fault. Knew it was due soon, should have gotten ahead of the curve so it didn't hit all at once.

But, $5 worth of little stickers I can stick on my window???? A one time expense? Are you kidding? I'm going to get upset about that!?! Plus, it helps my friends Dick and Greg...of course I'll do it.

I gotta isolate and think big picture, IMO.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
    Again you think wrong.

And no it is not the regions problem. The divisional Executive Steward makes the race groups for all the regions in the division. He will not approve your supps if you do not do it HIS way.

When SM drivers start acting up HE will put up the IMPOUND ALL board and I will have 50 Miatas sitting in in the lot.
    You'll have to excuse me, but I relied on the actual event results, not the reserved numbers.

Exactly how quicker will those "50" Spec Miatas get through the push-on/push-off scales by adding these decals? I can see where cars might get through a drive-on scale quicker, but I don't see much even in that situation.

As for your Exec-- I suggest that he be reminded that all you need for a race is 2 cars and someone to drive them. It's not his job to ensure that things are done his way. It's his job that to ensure that the supps are not inconsistent with the GCR. One of the (many) faults with SCCA is how oftern people carve out personal fiefdoms.

As someone else mentioned, what about the ST classes were the weight is variable depending upon what you did in your build -- details that you might not want your competitors to know?

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how this is an organization-wide problem and how it helps someone other than the guy who volunteered to do X but not these parts of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
    Again you think wrong.

for 2012 the groups are:
    Class Groupings for the 2012 Season
    Group 1: AS, T1, T2, GT1, GT2, GT3, STO, SSB, GTA*, ITE*, ITR*, ITS*, SP*
    Group 2: FA, FB, FC, FE, FM, CSR, DSR, S2, FS*, ASR*
    Group 3: SRF
    Group 4: GTL, STU, EP, FP, HP, SSC, T3, ITA*, ITB*, ITC*, SRX7*, BG*, LG*, SPB*, STL*
    Group 5: FV, F500, FF, FST*, CF*, F600*
    Group 6: SM, SM5*

Please tell me that we're ( SW Division ) just going with our Tech stickers that have the weight on them ?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Some people would argue with a supermodel about to give them a blowjob.
    I think that's an excellent analogy to this thread in a few ways---

People will talk about it and make it seem like a much bigger deal than it actually was...

OR

A whole lot of excitement in anticipation, but in reality the whole thing is over in 10 seconds.

It is definitely winter.
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

I can't seem to find the "ignore self centered prick button today", can anyone find it?
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Default minimum weight

Done!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John W8

CSP10 Miata
    ITA50 Miata

That's an outrageous imposition?
    Art Jaso
    Former 1989 Toyota MR2 #55 ITB
    DC Region SCCA
    DC Region Board of Directors
    Coordinator of Racers Helping Racers Fund
    http://www.racershelpingracers.com/
    PDX/TT Committee Member
    PDX Co-Chief of Grid
    PDX Chief Technical Inspector
    SCCA Pit Marshall
    SCCA Pace Car
    SCCA F & C
    Producer of "Racing Summit Point" Video
    http://vimeo.com/67177646

I love January.
    Now all we need is a good, old fashioned acrimonious how-to-classify-different-cars-for-weight thread, and maybe one about SFI, FIA and general H&NR complaints and comparisons thrown in.
    Oh! And don't forget to add one about what donut swilling, parasitic, useless wastes of oxygen all (insert volunteer catagory here) are. That usually gets some good posts.
    I guess if you can't go racing, you can sit there and throw stinkbait on the water and watch what hits. I think they call this chumming.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Ahh, but Steph, at least a thread about weights can result in something*, and is worth discussing....

*the "process", and Andy's and Darins and my and Kirks and Jeffs involvement would likely have not happened were it not for this place....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com