Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minimum weight display

Default Minimum weight display

I didn't find another thread about this...

How are people planning to display the minimum weight for their cars to satisfy GCR 9.3.29.D?

jason

Quote Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
    I didn't find another thread about this...

How are people planning to display the minimum weight for their cars to satisfy GCR 9.3.29.D?

jason
    Missed that! Thanks for posting. I"ll probably get a 1" high sticker for the drivers side.

Stephen

I have decals (thanks Marc!) that met the originally approved text of the rule, 2" tall and right under the class designation. after RM11-13 cam out and removed the 2" and 6" portions of the rule, Marc made me another set, about 1" tall because the others are just huge.

Very nice Sandro: No requirement for height/placement, just put it where it's visable to Tech. I'm considering putting a sign on the roll bar/harness bar intersection. You know, right where you'd place a tech sticker.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    I'm considering putting a sign on the roll bar/harness bar intersection. You know, right where you'd place a tech sticker.
    I don't recommend that. The purpose of this rule is so that as you're coming across the scales the guy sitting at the table with the books and the scales readout can simply look up at your car and easily read your numbers. If you make it difficult and/or they have to go looking for it, you're defeating the purpose and will likely be asked to fix it.

On the other hand, it's also a nice cross-check for competitors to see what they're declaring.

Don't be "that guy" and dink around with the intent of the rules...do it right, make it easy for everyone. Put it on the side of your car, right next to your number and class.

GA

9.3.29.D, p96 Jan 2012:

D. Displaying Minimum Weight
    Except for classes in which there is only 1 required minimum weight (i.e., ASR, FB, FC, FE, FM, FS, FST, FV, SM5, SRF), all cars shall display the correct minimum weight specified in the current GCR in a manner that is clearly legible to the scrutineers at the scales. Cars that are run in more than one class must display the correct minimum weight for each class so that it is clear which weight applies to each class.

It doesn't say what size, or where it goes then I can put it in a spot that the guy waking up can see, without plastering it on both sides, and I'm not trying to hide it in the engine bay or the bottom of the car. Honestly, the only time my car's been on the scales is so that I can know what it weights.
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

^^^^ <shaking head...>

I was thinking of on the roof over the passenger side window

Glenn Lawton
    GSMmotorsports
    #14 ITS RX7
    NARRC ITS Champion 2012
    NERRC ITS Champion 2013 12 11 10 09 08
    NERRC STU Champion 2010

James, this is to help out the VOLUNTEERS in tech. Why be difficult about it? Put the weight on the side of the car.

Don't know about your region, but in ours, top 3 go over the scales every race.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3_GoCar View Post
    It doesn't say what size, or where it goes then I can put it in a spot that the guy waking up can see, without plastering it on both sides, and I'm not trying to hide it in the engine bay or the bottom of the car. Honestly, the only time my car's been on the scales is so that I can know what it weights.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    ^^^^ <shaking head...>
    Some people just like to make things difficult for no reason at all. Pissing off tech is about as self defeating as pissing off grid. There will come a day you'll forget your helmet and need to run back to the paddock. There will come a day when your car is 2 pounds underweight and someone will hand you a liter bottle of water.

I'm kind of curious why they changed the rule from what was originally written? Maybe because the placement of the class is only suggested and people like to get cute with their class letters too just to irritate corner workers and T&S.
    Jim Hardesty
    ITC 1986 Honda Civic Diablo Rojo Verde
    Never argue your tab at the end of the night. Remember, you're hammered and they’re sober.

Since I'm still rebuilding from the "shunt" at last October's Go, maybe it's time to replace the multitude of bat's
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

I bought one of the mega-Sharpies. Then I realized the new car is black. Plan A out the window.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

I've had mine on the SIDE of the cars for years. Only did so to help out tech.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbojimbo View Post
    I'm kind of curious why they changed the rule from what was originally written?
    To make it easy
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

What's to ensure that people put the right weight on their car?
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    What's to ensure that people put the right weight on their car?
    You and $25.

Talk about an easy protest...lol.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

You put the weight on the side of the car so it is easy for tech when there are 30 cars to weigh in about 15 minutes. While you are racing tech goes through the cards to see if the weight you listed when you entered matches the GCR. If the weight you list on the car is bogus you will be in the stewards room in your near future..
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Steve

If the weight is on the card then it is up to the other competitor to protest if wrong.

I do understand but really why is this such a big deal?
    Les Chaney
    #33 FP Volvo