Thread: Minimum weight display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nobody thinks that an incorrect weight listed on the side of a car you are racing against would go unnoticed by the drivers? I don't get it.

Put it on, help tech out. For those that never get weighed? Sounds like you should ask your locals to do a check after a qual. Results would be fun!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
    Nobody thinks that an incorrect weight listed on the side of a car you are racing against would go unnoticed by the drivers? I don't get it.
    Andy, you are probably one of the FEW people who knows the weights of all the cars in ITA. The only weight I know in ITA is the Miata. I would have no clue what the Tegs are, what the CRXs are. I bet besides you, without looking it up, there is no one who knows the weight of the Saturn SC. How about the weight of the Saturn SL?

Again, are you gonna be chacking everyone's weights at the end of a race?
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Andy, you are probably one of the FEW people who knows the weights of all the cars in ITA. The only weight I know in ITA is the Miata. I would have no clue what the Tegs are, what the CRXs are. I bet besides you, without looking it up, there is no one who knows the weight of the Saturn SC. How about the weight of the Saturn SL?

Maybe I am the exception but I do know the ITCS. I don't commit it all to memory but I know the weights of cars I have considered building, cars that are quick and cars that I race against. When in impound, it's easy to see the weights staring you right in the face in a group. It would be unreal to have a wrong number on your car.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by jlawton View Post
    andy, you are probably one of the few people who knows the weights of all the cars in ita. The only weight i know in ita is the miata. I would have no clue what the tegs are, what the crxs are. I bet besides you, without looking it up, there is no one who knows the weight of the saturn sc. How about the weight of the saturn sl?

2330/2360
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
    2330/2360

Dude, you need to get a social life!!! LOL
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

I think we ought to start put the CI on the hoods to now..or CC's...Why not.... right ? Its only another 5-10 bucks right ? ...and now that we have a set system for classing cars everyone can see if that car is classed properly or the competitor is within the rule set.

You should know the weight of your car, tell the scale guy and be done with it. I mean really ?? This isn't the Runoffs its a bunch of Guys/Girls getting together and having fun at the track on the weekends..I understand its point for like the Prod guys and the such and its easier ...but come on really ?

Sorry I agree with JJJ about the death by 1000 cuts or the straw that broke the camels back...the SCCA has been a real turn off for me this year..mostly its my personal situation..but I now need a H&NR , a new Helmet , window net , the usual maintenance on the car ..the entry fees aren't getting any lower..and now I got to find a spot on my car ..(which I care how my car looks ) for the weight of my car...which ,oh yeah, is still not correct..

Audi Coupe : 110 hp = 2500 #

And to top it off my car still runs like a bag of smashed assholes...

This isn't fun anymore...

-John
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit05 View Post

Sorry I agree with JJJ about the death by 1000 cuts or the straw that broke the camels back...the SCCA has been a real turn off for me this year..mostly its my personal situation..but I now need a H&NR , a new Helmet , window net , the usual maintenance on the car ..the entry fees aren't getting any lower..and now I got to find a spot on my car....

-John
    not to mention the increase in competition license fees!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Dude, you need to get a social life!!! LOL
    says he who apparently has nothing better to do than stalk this thread...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"