Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
It's a false truth when you then equip a Miata with the same shocks, same adjustability and then take away 100% of the power to weight advantage the Lotus comes with from Hethel.
You will be shocked to read that I completely agree with you. And Andy, given my history with/position on/admiration for the Miata, you should not be shocked to read that were it up to me, I'd recommend either going to a much larger weight differential in STL for RWD or excluding the Miata and variants entirely.

As I said, "be careful what you ask for".

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
GCR overrides all those conversations. I just re-read the rules and nothing says rotaries are not allowed.
I think you missed what I wrote above...
Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
The CRB has declared directly to the STAC (we asked) that rotaries are subject to a 2x displacement multiplier when considered for power-to-displacement calcs (though I can't find it in the GCR anywhere...)
...and you know me, the rules nerd I am, that I'm in agreement with the letter of the rules. If someone wants to push the subject and enter an RX-8 into STL based on a 1300cc classified weight, I'll be glad to help with the inevitable protest appeals process, which would result in an apparent "tradition" getting codified in the GCR.

GA