Thread: BF Goodrich Southeast Super Tour Double National STU-STL-Bspec #'s

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default BF Goodrich Southeast Super Tour Double National STU-STL-Bspec #'s

I copied the list and sorted it by class.
    Rodney Williamson
    www.titaniummotorsports.com

An RX-8 in STL! Interesting. And why is Kolin driving that Neon in STU...?

Well, that 8 better not have a renesis . Kolin refuses to put the weight back in the car.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Watch out for Grahovec. He whooped up on SW div last year, and he's only going to be faster this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
    Watch out for Grahovec. He whooped up on SW div last year, and he's only going to be faster this year!

$$ on Irish Mike in the TecMark World Challenge car for the win in STU.

Curious to see if the Turbo Z4 can get the computer figured out well enough to work past the weight/restrictor penalty in STU

Looks like mike Flynn in the ex-tecMark E46 BMW WC-TC car picked up 5-6 seconds over last year from 2:29 down to 2:23.

At the same time, John DeBarros in the Ex-Tindol MazdaSpeed6 WC-TC car lost appx 3 seconds from 2:27.1 to this years 2:31.8 (Sunday times looked to be abt 2 secs slower than Sat times this year - comparos for Flynn and Pawley are using Sat time - DeBarros did not appear to go out Sat hence the difference)

Ron Pawley in the old Lexus IS300 WC-TC car (Tim Pappas' old car that then went to canada for a few years) has been consistent the last 3 years in a row turning 2:31.ish laps.

DeBarros being slower can be explained by the weight and restriction he got whacked with at the runoffs because he's in a WC-TC car running under VTS (intake).

Does anyone know if Flynn's Irish Mike's (ex-Tekmark) E46 BMW WC-TC car is running under VTS or STU rules?

Same for Pawley's (ex-Pappas) Lexus IS300 WC-TC car - anyone know if it's running under VTS or STU rules?

I know Weinberger ran at runoffs in the ex-STaSIS Audi WC-TC car under STU rules, then post win his car was adjusted to run at what I believe was the old WC-TC weight.

My point here is that from what I understand - some WC-TC cars are adjusted (higher of VTS or STU) and some are not.

How will this be balanced out in the future? The risk I see here is that ex-WC-TC cars can just be rented and show up, and then be "adjusted" after they win - but not all WC-TC cars are adjusted? Messy, I know.

There is nothing stopping people from building a non-WC-TC car to STU rules just like a WC-TC car, but what about *actual* WC-TC cars that meet STU rules, but have literally hundreds of thousands of dollars into their build development and refinement?