Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race Technology dl1 & dash2

Might have a demo DL1Mk2+Gyro+DASH3full coming up for sale shortly if that's of any interest. There is also a DASH2pro coming out soon.

(Vaughn, DASH4 is nice but the OLEDs are not a good choice for an open top car)

edit: clarified the DASH2pro is a yet to be released product
    Last edited by jlucas; 01-21-2012 at 06:41 PM.
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

Jeremy,

Glad you posted! Several people told me to contact you either if I go used or new they said I should talk to you! I may have a conection on a DL1 (MK2) but it does not include a dash or any other accesories. Let me know either here or through PM what you have available. I am always looking for a deal so a Demo is perfect! I did like the Dash 2 Display better as it seemed like it has more info available but lets be honest... will I really read all that! I guess my biggest concern with whatever I go with is that I would also like this to be user freindly and just plug into the car rather than adding sensors! If I do go with a Race Technology system I assume to do this I will need a "CAN OBD2 Interface System" but not sure how to verify this.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Another big +1 for Jeremy!

K

Jeremy has done me well!
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

A DL1+gyro+dash 3 sound perfect to my application, but I've got to wonder about taking data from the OBDII port? It's a first gen system on a Siemens MS 41.2 DME, is that a possibility? How much?
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Stephen, email sent with my contact info.

James, see this list for the max you could get out of an earlier OBD2 serial interface:
    http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/...OutputChannels
    I can't say for sure what's available on your car. If you want to discuss further, just let me know.

If anyone has questions about these topic or others, just let me know.

Edit: I rarely have demo goods for sale but I frequent try to help previous customers connect with buyers for the current equipment when they are upgrading, as well as keeping an eye out for other used stuff that pops up on the market.

ps. Overly simplified: a DASH2Pro is a dash & logger in one unit.
    Last edited by jlucas; 01-21-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

Jeremy, I'd be interested in something that would interface with an Autronic SM2 if you happen to run across something affordable. I had a line on a DL1 Mk1, but it was sold a few minutes before I threw my bid in. doh. Anyway, please let me know if you happen to get someone looking for a trade-in or whatever. matt_at_mattblehm_dot_com
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

Just wanted to share that JEREMY was awesome to deal with and I would deal with him in heartbeat again! He was great to deal with through the entire process and at the end he not only sent me the tracking number but informed me that they attempted to drop it off! He was more then helpfull with some of my dumb questions as well, he never made me feel stupid at all

I got everything well packaged today including a CAN OBDII port and video sync. I am sure I will have questions about it at some point

Thanks again Jeremy,
    Stephen

I know i'm late to this party, but I'm a big fan of my DL-1 and my Dash 2. That being said we had some issues at first, and RT support in the US is not that great. Nick and Andy at Flatout were a big help with the issues though, and now it's up and running really well.

Bought the stuff to sync video over the winter, and will be trying out in the spring.

I know it doesn't do "ghost" times, but having the sectors set in a few key places is nice for checking predictive lap times. For me, it's a much more finely tuned way of checking things out coming out of a key corner than seeing what my RPM's are.

-Vick

Jeremy,

So the dash4pro is not really worth it? is that what you are saying?

I am looking for a dash for my DL1: all i really want is RPM and lap time/predictive lap time data.

Thanks
    Wes
    Wes
    29 ITS

Quote Originally Posted by vicktorvolpe View Post
    Bought the stuff to sync video over the winter, and will be trying out in the spring.

I know it doesn't do "ghost" times, but having the sectors set in a few key places is nice for checking predictive lap times. For me, it's a much more finely tuned way of checking things out coming out of a key corner than seeing what my RPM's are.

-Vick
    Tell me about the video sync stuff please and have you used it yet? work well?

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbronco View Post
    Jeremy,

So the dash4pro is not really worth it? is that what you are saying?

I am looking for a dash for my DL1: all i really want is RPM and lap time/predictive lap time data.

Thanks
    Wes
    My understanding is that he spoke highly of it, BUT said that in an open top car the visibility might not be good.

Based on what you are saying, a Dash3 would be good for you, but there are two models to chose from...
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

I've been using RaceRender to put video and data together.

I've found the Dash3 pretty much invisible in my DSR... but the speed of the car itself doesn't help. A friend has tried the Dash4Pro in his Vee, also complains about dash visibility, but he complains about just about everything. He still complains about being told he should ditch points and go to electronic ignition...

That said, RaceTechnologies does know they have problems with dash visibility in open cars; seems like their latest Dash4 iteration (back to LCD based again) may work better. Even their webpages point this out...
    http://www.race-technology.com/conte...at=8&cat=31027
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

I'm looking for a used DL1 if anyone knows of any. Email me at kirk.knestis(at)evaluand.com if you have leads.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    I'm looking for a used DL1 if anyone knows of any. Email me at kirk.knestis(at)evaluand.com if you have leads.

K
    http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/9338...ecu-interface/

Stephen

Another thumbs up for the DL1 and it's analysis software. Although I like the flexibility of the Racepak IQ3 display in my current car.