Thread: Momo Start Seat...out of date?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have an aluminum seat in my P-CAR.

I use a Recaro and a Konig in my IT cars.

They all work fine, but the aluminum seal requiresa some thought as to mounting.

We take the seats in all our IT cars and lean them towards the middle of the car a small amount to get more clearance on the halo bar. Also twist the rear of the seat towards the center . Only seat I found that fit in the miata was a Momo without hitting the door. Cobra Imola was second best for room.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Just put a seat back brace on it and you are good to go. I have a similar seat and it works great with the brace.

I think if you do some research you'll find the FIA seats are not designed to use a seat back brace and some people think (as I do) it's actually unsafe to use one.
    Steve Elicati
    ITA 1994 Mazda Miata
    Central Florida Region

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull113 View Post
    I think if you do some research you'll find the FIA seats are not designed to use a seat back brace and some people think (as I do) it's actually unsafe to use one.
    Steve...any style barcalounger will fit in the Volvo....As for the back brace, I find that 4 cases of beer stacked behind the seat stiffens it(and me) up very well....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bruceg View Post
    steve...any style barcalounger will fit in the volvo....as for the back brace, i find that 4 cases of beer stacked behind the seat stiffens it(and me) up very well....lol
    Steve Elicati
    ITA 1994 Mazda Miata
    Central Florida Region

To follow up on this, I fitted the MOMO Start seat into the car and crawled in to test sit the seat. Danged if I'm not higher than I was before. The MOMO has thicker fiberglass at the bottom and thinner padding on the seating surface that actually has me 1" or so higher. My goal was to get clear of the bars over my head, the MOMO puts me up in the "rafters".

$#@*!

The next plan is to reuse the seat I already had in the car but to remove the padding and try to sink in a bit.

Thanks for the info.
    John W8

CSP10 Miata
    ITA50 Miata