Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SportsCar calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    "Do you have a copy of the GCR,cant help you if you don't" Oh yeah the laptop is at the house. The hard copy rides in the gear bag.
    Wait a sec; don't they have them new-fangled "smartyphones" and "tablet compUTErs" up there in New Hampshuh? Or are you guys still waiting for e-lec-TRICITY to arrive...?

GA, who finds Dan's sig interesting, given exact engine prep on the rotaries between EP and STU...

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit07 View Post
    You mean improved vintage?
    See? YOU get it! Our cars are JUNK!!!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post

GA, who finds Dan's sig interesting, given exact engine prep on the rotaries between EP and STU...
    Except in STL weights aren't realistic and they can't make competitive power in STU...
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Its much more realistic that "I" dont have a smarty phone. The book is easy for my 5th grade mentality to use. It means more to throw the book at him then a phone,phones cost more.

The ST conversation was way too heated over there,figured you could take a lite jab Greg Besides,you and I have gone over this already,dont need too again.

Dan,who hnags with IT guys cause Prod guys are way too uptight.

Wait a sec; don't they have them new-fangled "smartyphones" and "tablet compUTErs" up there in New Hampshuh? Or are you guys still waiting for e-lec-TRICITY to arrive...?

I keep a jump drive in a padded non-magnectic container attached to the roll cage isolated from vibration. On it are pdf's of all my car manuals, technical papers, GCR, supps, tech memo's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JS154 View Post
    I keep a jump drive in a padded non-magnectic container attached to the roll cage isolated from vibration.
    Ok, Eric wins; I just keep 'em on my iPhone*....

GA

* Dan, that's one of them newfangled "smartyphones"...though I "get" the potential satisfaction with book-hurling in someone's general direction...

Well Played my friend. golfclap

Dan

Ok, Eric wins; I just keep 'em on my iPhone*....

GA

* Dan, that's one of them newfangled "smartyphones"...though I "get" the potential satisfaction with book-hurling in someone's general direction...
    like when Jeff slammed his stack(yes, a stack) of Saturn Factory Service Manuals down and gave the what now look! LOL
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

Several years ago I put in a request to replace my Sportscar subscription with Fastrack. Granted it's a pretty dumb request since Fastrack by snail mail is old news, but the point was it is something from the club that I'll actually read. Seems that's not an easy request... I can't count the number of past due invoices for $0.00 I've received on this issue. Maybe I should mail a check for that amount and see what happens when they try to cash it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Noeske View Post
    I'd care a lot more about articles on history, class philosophy, material tests, and technical / practical / strategy advice.
    Hey Kai. That's what Grassroots Motorsports is for!
    Art Jaso
    Former 1989 Toyota MR2 #55 ITB
    DC Region SCCA
    DC Region Board of Directors
    Coordinator of Racers Helping Racers Fund
    http://www.racershelpingracers.com/
    PDX/TT Committee Member
    PDX Co-Chief of Grid
    PDX Chief Technical Inspector
    SCCA Pit Marshall
    SCCA Pace Car
    SCCA F & C
    Producer of "Racing Summit Point" Video
    http://vimeo.com/67177646

Quote Originally Posted by Dano77 View Post
    Not true Greg,The hard copy is a valuable tool when you need to write the paper on "that Guy". And the first sentence from the driver advocate is,"Do you have a copy of the GCR,cant help you if you don't" Oh yeah the laptop is at the house. The hard copy rides in the gear bag......
    BTW, according to 1.2.2, the electronic version is the only official version. The printed one is now paper for the bird cage....
    Enjoy,
    Bill

Ok, Eric wins; I just keep 'em on my iPhone*...or my iPad....both were given to me by my boss.........

GA

See Dan? get yourself a better BOSS!

I'll agree with the OP. I really never read the Sportscar mag any more. I got annoyed at the 'lite' treatment they gave to subjects. Always taking the corporate line. The Head and Neck restraint article sealed it for me.
    And the calenders. It's cool because they always have pictures of far away and distant lands, and of things I can not be a part of. Although I'm pretty typical of our thousands of members.
    Last edited by lateapex911; 12-21-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by ajmr2 View Post
    Hey Kai. That's what Grassroots Motorsports is for!
    Oh Hi Art!!! Yes, I just renewed my prescrip... subscription!!!
    Astrophysathingy / goaheadtakethewheel.com
    99 Civic SI #9 WDCR ITS/STL
    93 Corolla / 97 PDX Miata

Join NASA, easy way to get a GRM subscription!

haha