Thread: Looking for a part

Default Looking for a part

Need a S4 13b auto trans counter weight. Somebody has one kicking around the bench some where in there garage.

There are no real distinguishing features to the counter weight. Which is why they are so tough to figure out.

The S4 engine has the auxilary ports controled by exhaust pressure.

Thanks

Dan
    dan at skidschool.us

There is one on ebay, not mine http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RX7-13B-...ht_1581wt_1163

As you probably know they are popular and with a limited supply they command a good price because they are required for lightweight flywheels (which are not IT compliant you probably already know)
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Thats one of the reasons I asked here,they are scarce. I have 2 from a 12a that are sitting under a bench. came off core motors that people gave away. The proverbial "I got this motor behind my shed,you want it?"

Not IT legal,ST and Prod though.

Thanks for the info

Dan

any difference between the s4 and s5 counter weight? i have one i pulled off of an s5 yours for the price to box and ship it if you want.
    Wes
    29 ITS

Quote Originally Posted by monsterbronco View Post
    any difference between the s4 and s5 counter weight? i have one i pulled off of an s5 yours for the price to box and ship it if you want.
    Counterweight needs to match rotor series. S4 rotors with an S4 counterweight.

If Dan passes on your offer I would be interested and happy to send you some money if you are up for it, just send me a PM with you info.

Thanks!
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

I have an S4 and need the S4 counter weight. I also have the S3 13b from a first gen counter weight, thats going to be a paperweight. No body wants that motor.

The S4 motor I got from a parts car that was behind another shed,projects that run out of steam. I love the fall and spring,you find the greatest stuff behind houses this time of year.

Thanks Scott,Matt should get this part.

Thanks for the help,Dan

I'm pretty sure I have one in the garage. Thing is I'm on vacation visiting family right now and will be back after Christmas.

If you still need it by next week, I will check on it for you when I get back.

Another thing to try is post a want to buy post on the rx7club forum.
    Last edited by jrx13; 12-20-2011 at 07:06 PM.

PM sent to you about the counterwieght. Thanks

Dan

Got your message. Sorry haven't checked this forum lately. I'll hopefully get back to you a little later....