Quote Originally Posted by gpeluso View Post
Built a 323i e46 last year for NASA PT...... the build has run into many issues and I and currently solving one of them by adding a standalone ecu. I am curious about making the car crossover to SCCA and maybe STU. I am wondering with the addition of the E36 3.2 M3 (which i don't understand due to under 3 liter idea) what weight would i run if I added a:
323i e46 motor (2.5l)?
325i e46 motor (2.5l)?
328i e46 motor (2.8l)?
330 e46 motor (3.0l)?

or do i give up on these bmw motors and just put an e36 motor m50 or m52? Maybe the standalone will change things but it seems that BMW made these motors at a lower standard and do not seem to race well. I have heard of people putting different rod bears because of the weak e46 stuff. I really screwed this up and should have went down the e36 road. I have way to much $$$ in this project and my ITS rx7 is more fun to drive right now. Hopefully this will change.

I currently have in my possession a e46 323 and e46 328 motor...just seeing what makes the most sense or seeing if i need to buy or build another.

Thanks
Greg
The linear weight addition is going to be killer for the 3.2L engines. That's 3520#...even with ans S54 engine that's a lot of weight. I think the hot 6cyl bmw is the 2.5L ex-WC-TC build like Phil Parlato's. He's running electromotive IIRC.