Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo Diesel

Looks like it's in the 16:1 to 19:1 range for VW diesels... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...esel_engines#6

The compression ratio thing is surely an oversight. I'm sure they don't intend diesel engines to run less than 12.5:1 compression. I wouldn't mind though since I'll never run a diesel and it'll just slow you guys down.

That is definitely something that needs to be addressed by the STAC though. I would write a letter requesting at minimum clarification of the compression, and what applies to diesels since they're a completely different beast than a gasoline or even turbo gasoline engine.
    Last edited by Matt93SE; 12-03-2011 at 01:14 AM.
    Houston Region
    STU Nissan 240SX
    EProd RX7

I completely agree; I missed that one point. I'll write a request and bring it up at our next meeting.

Anything else?

I vote we keep the limit at 12.5:1...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Without going too far on a thread-jack...I can tell you that the current STAC intends to apply that allowance - if it happens - sparingly. ...
    This "allowance" - might it be an opportunity to get the ABF European 2.0 16v listed in the same generation Golf...?

K

Once this is all sorted out, I have the TDI to build for someone

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    This "allowance" - might it be an opportunity to get the ABF European 2.0 16v listed in the same generation Golf...?
    Don't know that engine, but the CRB has spoken loudly and clearly against non-USDM market engines, and you already have numerous options for various OEM turbo-4s so...not likely.