Bob had a few things going for him that made him a very successful driver in the 240sx (and in everything else he has raced).

One, he has the funds to race often, constantly upgrade and develop his equipment, and keep fresh rubber underneath his car.

He and I would chat about all the racing he was doing. Week after week he was somewhere driving something.

It's hard to beat seat time.

Especially when some years I was only getting in two race weekends for various reasons, and it showed (and frustrated the crap out of me). So I have to agree with Andy on that.

I think that my 240sx was as well prepped as his, at least intially. But he continued to develop his car, where in hindsight I got very static.

Brakes are great and the handling is really good. It's a bit heavy, but in line for the class.

But I think as the Miatas and Integras, and to some degree the CRXs (although it was always a fast car in the class) got developed more an more, the 240sxs were finding themselves farther back in the field. I would attribute that more to development stagnation with those who were driving them after Stretch left, like myself, than anything else.

Neal Harrison has pushed the development on his car and he is running up front.

He really throws his car around the track.

Stretch did too, he was one of the most aggressive drivers I saw race firsthand.

I was always too worried about scratching my nice paint jobs .