Quote Originally Posted by ramoncito89 View Post
Hello everyone

It has been a long time since my last visit to IT forums and I have been racing a ga16de for a while now in my case I was allowed to compete in ITA class with 2250 weight rule since we dint have a any other car in the field that falls under the criteria of the SCCA ITB Class but now we are starting to see more new comers that actually belonged to ITB but were still allowed to race under ITA class for quorum purposes however the local directors have decided to open the ITB class since the field is growing and is allowing every class to have a fare share of cars as per SCCA standards in my case I can choose for 2013 season to stay in ITA with the SR20DE engine transmition currently sitting in my garage or to try luck in ITB with my actual 1.6 GA16DE and last time I looked the rule book it mentions that the little GA in the B13 chassis has to weight more than 2500 pounds! This has to be a mistake with just 110 HP since there are other cars with the same or more power that has less weight handicap.

The GA16 is a great bulletproof engine but it has no ICE CREAM CONE CHANCE IN HELL with so much weight and as it is right know I rather go to ITA and have a competitive car and one of the reasons I’m leaving the ITB dream is the weight that has been imposed on the car I think SCCA can do something about that since the B13 chassis is a cheap easy to find parts car that fits within the purpose of low cost ITB purpose/criteria.
And thus the original point of the thread. The ITAC/CRB aren't going to adjust anything without a member request. Write the CRB and request the weight be adjusted; it sounds like there is an excellent chance it would be.