Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: December 2011 Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks David... I think they got the displacement incorrect for the 2012 Honda Civic Si. It should 2.4, not 2.0.
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

You are correct. The displacement should be 2354 (that got shoved into the wheelbase which should be 2620/2670 (2dr, 4dr). It may be too late to fix that for the December Fastrack, but we'll get it the next time around. Thanks for noticing.

Dave

Full version up (and thread title adjusted accordingly...)

http://www.scca.com/assets/11-fastrack-dec.pdf

Rules passed for 2012:

#3193 – Add a new 9.1.3.D.9.n as follows: “Windshield washer systems, rear windshield wiper systems, cruise control systems, horns and the wiring associated wiring with any of these may be removed. Any holes left in the body must be covered or plugged.”

Wheel rules changed:

#3426 – In 9.1.3.D.7.a.1 change as follows:

Cars may not fit wheel diameters larger than those listed on their spec line. Knockoff/quickchange type wheels are prohibited. Wheels must be made of metal.

[All ITS/ITA/ITB/ITC cars currently listed in the ITCS with a wheel size less than 15 inches would be changed to 15 inches. All ITR cars currently listed in the ITCS with a wheel size less than 17 inches would be changed to 17 inches. The heading on the wheel size column would be changed to “Max Wheel Diameter”.]

#3749 - In 9.1.3.D.9.c, add the following at the end: “Switches to activate the ignition, the lights, the windshield wipers, the starter and other accessories located within the passenger compartment may be replaced and their location changed.”

(multiple) - In 9.1.3.D.1, add a new subsection s as follows: “To allow commonly available engine mount aftermarket inserts, replacement units, or “window weld” like solutions without allowing solid metal or rigid materials or bearings that could result in the driveline becoming a stressed member of the chassis, the following is permitted. Engine, transmission, differential or any other driveline mounts may be replaced. Mounts may use only stock mounting points, must maintain stock location and orientation of the mounted component, and must be non-rigid.Rubber or other inserts in stock mounts may be replaced with any other non-metallic material.”

In 9.1.3.D.2, add a new subsection e as follows: “Alternate mounts are permitted as in 9.1.3.D.1.s.”

Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.

Can we interpret 9.1.3.D.7.a.1 to mean that cars that are listed with 15" wheels can run 14" or 13" wheels?
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

APPLAUSE!!!! Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by RacerBill View Post
    Can we interpret 9.1.3.D.7.a.1 to mean that cars that are listed with 15" wheels can run 14" or 13" wheels?
    thats how I read it. have fun trying to find affordable 13x6 wheels, and please let me know if you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Amy View Post
    Rules passed for 2012:

#3193 – Add a new 9.1.3.D.9.n as follows: “Windshield washer systems, rear windshield wiper systems, cruise control systems, horns and the wiring associated wiring with any of these may be removed. Any holes left in the body must be covered or plugged.”

Wheel rules changed:

#3426 – In 9.1.3.D.7.a.1 change as follows:

Cars may not fit wheel diameters larger than those listed on their spec line. Knockoff/quickchange type wheels are prohibited. Wheels must be made of metal.

[All ITS/ITA/ITB/ITC cars currently listed in the ITCS with a wheel size less than 15 inches would be changed to 15 inches. All ITR cars currently listed in the ITCS with a wheel size less than 17 inches would be changed to 17 inches. The heading on the wheel size column would be changed to “Max Wheel Diameter”.]

#3749 - In 9.1.3.D.9.c, add the following at the end: “Switches to activate the ignition, the lights, the windshield wipers, the starter and other accessories located within the passenger compartment may be replaced and their location changed.”

(multiple) - In 9.1.3.D.1, add a new subsection s as follows: “To allow commonly available engine mount aftermarket inserts, replacement units, or “window weld” like solutions without allowing solid metal or rigid materials or bearings that could result in the driveline becoming a stressed member of the chassis, the following is permitted. Engine, transmission, differential or any other driveline mounts may be replaced. Mounts may use only stock mounting points, must maintain stock location and orientation of the mounted component, and must be non-rigid.Rubber or other inserts in stock mounts may be replaced with any other non-metallic material.”

In 9.1.3.D.2, add a new subsection e as follows: “Alternate mounts are permitted as in 9.1.3.D.1.s.”
    Good thing I read this thread because when I perused the prelim copy of the Dec 2011 Fastrack I missed these rules changes.

Washer bottle isn't a big deal to me, was a silly rule to those new to IT but didn't have much benefits or detriments, for my VW Golf. Horn(s) on the other hand, those suckers are heavy and didn't work with the quick release steering wheel so that will be a nice weight reduction opportunity.

Wheel diameter rules needed to change to accommodate newer cars with factory wheel larger than their respective IT* class allowance. It's not like the width was changed. What I don't agree with is the implementation of the rule that allowed smaller wheel diameters for certain cars, smaller diameter than was presently allowed. There is a definite advantage here for those who want to spend the money.

Motor mount rule seems like a good compromise between making an allowance for poly inserts and such and inhibiting solid mounts of different geometry than stock.

So after all the arguing, haranging, harassment and ridicule
    for the damages of rules creep, we can now legally remove our windshield washer bottle and defunct horns and use custom, non rigid driveline mounts?

Ya know, we're all starting to look a lot like congress.
    John W8

CSP10 Miata
    ITA50 Miata

Best bunch of rule changes I've seen in a long time. I was just about to send in what I expected to be another no-hope request to allow deletion of washer bottles, and what happens? Thank you!!
    Tom Lyttle
    Decatur, GA
    IT7 Mazda - 2006, 2008 SARRC Champion
    ITS Nissan 200SX - finally running correctly
    FP Ford Capri - waiting for a comp adjustment
    GT3 Dodge Daytona - what was I thinking?

I don't like the motor mount rule.
    I don't like the wheel rule.
    I am ambivalent to the horns/washers/etc rule.
    I would rather see the charcoal canister get addressed over all of these...
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Further rules creep,you can now ditch your stock lights, wipers, and other electrical switches.

Russ
    Russ

How do you figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Myers View Post
    Further rules creep,you can now ditch your stock lights, wipers, and other electrical switches.

Russ
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
    .........I would rather see the charcoal canister get addressed over all of these...
    submitted that request 2/19/11.

status changed to "Tabled" on 5/23/11

last response was:

This automated response has been sent to let you know that your letter has been reviewed by the IT committee, and tabled for further review. After additional research, the committee will send a recommendation to the CRB. Your letter details are below:

Letter #4220
    Title: Evaporative Emissions Rules for Improved Touring
    Request: The evaporative emissions equipment can apparently be removed if a fuel cell is installed as I interpret the current rules. In the past, it had been my understanding that devices associated with the evaporative emissions systems (e.g., charcoal canisters, etc.) could be removed. I have in fact removed them as apparently many others have per various discussions at improvedtouring.com I believe that the rules should allow for their removal regardless of if a fuel cell has been installed. A simple rule similar to that in Super Touring could be implemented." All emission control devices may be removed and the resulting holes plugged." Thank you for your consideration.
    Attachment:

Thank you,

Club Racing Board
    website tracking yields this:

Letter number #4220 is currently waiting to be reviewed by the IT committee. After the IT committee reviews your letter, the CRB will review it, and it will proceed to Fastrack.
    my estimation is that this will take a year to cycle through which would mean a response (up or down vote) before racing in 2012. at least for those of us facing winter in Michigan and not Florida.....
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Nice job. I have been hoarding the 13x6 wheels (JW) and scared about not having my rear window wiper on. I am pretty sure that my charcoae thing is in there someplace.
    It is about time that SCCA has let the racers decide what is the best way.
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Bookmark this post, as I'll stand by it 5 years from now: Additional allowances will not decrease the mean age of IT entrants in a statistically significant way between now and 2016.

The only thing it will do is shift what some minority of people will complain about, from washer bottles to stock bodywork, boring old stamped steel control arms, glass windows, and stock brakes. Will the ITAC accept requests for those changes when they are the "only thing keeping young racers from racing in IT?"

NASA's advantage in the market has one primary cause: Their integrated HPDE and racing programs, that make it very easy for someone to learn and make the transition to W2W racing if they want. That new NASA racers trend younger than SCCA is largely because it's a newer organization, they are better at attracting new racers of all ages, and new racers tend to be younger than those who have done it for a long time. (That should be largely self-evident.)

And with respect to history, the B Spec rule set looks VERY much like IT c.1990 or thereabouts (post seat and headliner allowances; big whoop). It will be a success despite those "primitive rules."

K

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW8 View Post
    So after all the arguing, haranging, harassment and ridicule
    for the damages of rules creep, we can now legally remove our windshield washer bottle and defunct horns and use custom, non rigid driveline mounts?

Ya know, we're all starting to look a lot like congress.
    We get the IT we (collectively) want.

The problem - or benefit, depending on where you come down on the issue - is that the most orthodox anti-creepers are off the ITAC.

Watch for the next round of requested allowances from the guy who asked for these. He'd already done most of them on his car, even absent these additions to the rulebook, but I don't think all of his wish-list has been addressed.

K

Kirk

They will never see what you are speaking of, its not the individual items but the cummilitive effect.
    Les Chaney
    #33 FP Volvo