Quote Originally Posted by Chip42 View Post
it isn't specifically illegal, but it does need to have some lift chopped out of it to be legal. I figured the MZR-LF was the least grenadeish of the family, what with the goog RSR and shortish stroke. my thinking was re: the heads being pretty modern and good, though I don't have hands on with them.

a cam and compression would help us a LOT!!! but you wont get the output of a B16 and really can't make the weight, like you say. 2ZZ (1.8L) or 3SGE (2.0L) swaps would do, and the mills both have the architecture to work well. kits and/or know how exist for the swaps, too. the 2L would be a heavy pig though and the USDM versions wont make the grade. the JDM version from the 1997-ish MR2 G-Limited (NA) is where it's at but...

either way, despite my love of the car, the AW11 MR2 isn't the caliber of chassis you need in thsi class (and barely so for IT!)
Chip I understood the head and intake to be issues on the first gen MR2 motor (AW11), so I was thinking, even with cams and compression, it was anon starter.

What about the 2ZZ in a second gen MR2??