Forget all the discussion about targets, ratios, horsepower, crank, wheel, whatever. It's all a fantasy.

There are zero (none, nothing, nada) documented hard or soft limits/targets for any of that. Here's what's documented, right at the beginning of the Super Touring Category Specifiations:

Super Touring Light (STL) is a small-bore “tuner” class with engine
displacements of 2.0 liters and under. STL encompasses a lower level
of allowed modifications compared to STU and STO.

And later in the regulations:

Alternate engines may be used, if the manufacturer of the vehicle
and engine are the same (e.g., an Acura engine installed into a
Honda car) and was available in a car delivered in North America.

And, later in the STL regs:

The engines from the following cars are ineligible for STL:
Honda S2000, Acura Type R

Turbocharged engines are not permitted in STL.

...from which one can quickly infer that the 190hp (of the ITR) and more is not "acceptable", and stuff smaller than that is "acceptable."

That's it. Nothing more. That's all there is, laid out in black and white (well, red and white in the 2011 version). There's nothing in the CRB's or the STAC's "special super secret backdoor deals rulesbook"* about any kind of ratio guidelines. Anything else is either a fantasy or someone else's internal guidelines on what they think should be in the class. Or, maybe they're just inferring from existing information, just like you are.

You guys are getting your panties all in a twaddle about the existence of some secret backdoor deals going down; I can understand that, given my long-term history of this org. However, everything you need to know about this class is right there, downloadable in all it's glory in PDF format.

Read it, then you can choose to participate or not.

Your call.

GA

* That's a joke. There really isn't a "special super secret backdoor deals rulesbook. It's actually a "double super-secret backdoor deals rulesbook". It could be in there, I suppose, but I haven't seen that one since I'm not part of The Inner Circle...yet...bwuhuhuhuhuh...