Thread: STL engine builds?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I just think it's odd. even <2.0L ITR cars should be at a disadvantage to full prep STL cars. too many exceptions. yeah, I know they are SUPPSOED to be field filler, but note where the quoted STCS text says "may not be competitive" - my impression was that it's not expected, but hey, good on ya if you are.

of course, now that weight is being added to the class as a whole, the ITR cars look even more attractive. so now I can see where you might want to say only ITS/A/B/C cars of <2L can play. heck, I'd make it ITS/A below 2.0L and any ITB/C cars of 1985 and newer...

I'm not trying to dump all over STL. I like the idea of the class. but all of the arbitrary "lines in sand", talk of a higher RWD adder, exlusions and inclusions and partial exceptions etc.. have made it 1 - very confusing to the competitors and officials who spend less time worrying about it than a relative few, and 2 - seemingly non sensical AND exclusionist to cars that "should" be the target players.

I say move your lines up a bit, let in the ITR/S2000 in with a cam detune to the current 11:1, 0.425, etc.. rules, allow all <2.0L IT cars, and allow specline approved non-USDM motors (i.e. case by case). adjust weight equations on the class so that this works (so an STL tegR should be lighter than an ITR tegR, STL S2000 lighter than ITR S2000, etc..). ignore pending bspec cars because they aren't going to be competitive anyhow (even with a motor swap. they are breadvans with rudimentary suspensions). leave the RWD adder alone (for now, at least, which is what I think you have said is being done). remove the 4cyl limit. keep everything else unchanged (in reality, these proposals affect 2 paragraphs of the STCS). end the whining, grow the class.

free advice, worth what you paid for it.
    Last edited by Chip42; 02-27-2012 at 06:18 PM.