Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formula 1 race coming to New Jersey in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rthiele View Post
    Agree on the FIA standards (or lack thereof) at the Glen, Jake. NY city region is pulling from Boston, Philly, Washington etc. - ideal location.Certainly F1 is about glamor, but primarily it is primarily about markets. The biggest (car and other) markets in the US are on the East coast and in California. What a surprise now I read the first articles speculate about possibly having three races in the US in the future (that was the case in the past). If that materializes (has to compete with Asian markets and to a lesser extend South Africa), CA is next.
    Not just markets or size of markets, but demographics too. And the F1 desired demographics are a glamour bunch!

Yes Austin wouldn't have been my first choice if I were Bernie. But, considering how hard it is to get anything racey happening in the US, I can see why they elected to go that way. (other than NASCAR).
    I DO wonder, with Austin essentially at a standstill construction-wise, and the rumoured changes in leadership down there, if the race might just 'get cancelled" now that NY is supposedly online.

OF course, I have my doubts the neither will actually happen.
    I still want to see the math. Whos paying who???
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Whos paying who???
    <insert name here> is paying Bernie.

Unless you have an investment in it who cares who or how it is paid for? Just sayin....

If it happens it happens. :~)

Went down to have lunch with Matt R. in Hoboken yesterday with Lou G. (long time flagger). We drove up to where the race circuit will be in Weehawken and West New York. It is going to be FAST and amazing. The views of NYC are great. Saw a cruise ship depart. Just hope all the stars align so this happens. Is it Spring yet.......
    Thanks,
    Darrell Anthony