Howdy nailed it. Bearing solutions would allow a drivetrain to act as a chassis stiffener while not holding the driveline rigidly. Due to the use of the word rigid it was necessary to forbid them.

Necessary because some on the committee and aparently maybe the crb don't want to see stressed engines. That's also your why, so far as I know. Yes, I know/see kirk's web of mounts but we believe that to be intorturation so did not act to revise it.

I came to the party late, made what I saw as some necessary changes to the proposed wording, made some compromises, and voted on a rule that, while imperfect, I belived to be what was asked for in a package that would pass all levels of the approval process. The intent statement I was very happy about and think its inclusion (in its original wording and position) clarifies a lot of the wackiness being suggested here better than a specific allowance ever could while granting the desired allowance to all forms of mount past present and future.

Mark, your booger bushings aren't mounts. Neither is a quibo, or anything that is bolted to the block or trans or diff that is not itself the mounting device for same. If this neds clarification, I'll be the first to sponsor it.