Thread: "See all of you at ARRC...That's an order". -Mac Spikes

Default "See all of you at ARRC...That's an order". -Mac Spikes

Over the years, I know a whole lot of you had the opportunity to meet Mac Spikes in person, or possibly on this (and many other sites) via his username IPRESS. If you met Mac there's a pretty good chance you also met at least one of his crew - his girls - at the same time.

Mac lost a long, hard battle with cancer late last year, but not before he was able to attend one last instance of one of his favorite races, the ARRC. He also put in a few requests for his pit crew to carry out....one of which was to hold a party for his race buddies.

His girls are organizing a celebration for Saturday night at this year's ARRC....I think the following email from one of his daughters (Shelley) says it best:

I came across an old email the other day of Dad's recap from MAM last August and in closing he said "See all of you at ARRC...That's an order" and come hell or high water he did. The Spikes girls are carrying on the tradition and carrying out one of Dad's requests...a Texas size BIG race shindig for all his friends at one of his favorite races of the year.

Please join us on Saturday for an evening of food, fun and good friends to remember Mac. Bring your best stories and your appetite. We are looking forward to seeing you!

There will be an all female pit crew for hire, can change tires but specializes in looking good. If you have to ask how much you can't afford them.

We are trying to get word out to as many friends as possible. Please post this on MSG boards and forward this e-mail to friends you see missing...and we better, "See all of you at ARRC...That's an order". -Mac Spikes
    The party is planned for our paddock spot - hopefully you can locate it by looking for the yellow and blue E36 BMW, but if that doesn't make the trip you should look for this Miata instead.
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

If only for this I wish I could make it down this year.

Mac was a very special man and this is a great way to honor him.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

i'm not all that disappointed that i won't be able to race at the ARRC this year, but i am saddened that i won't be able to be there for this.

Mac was no doubt one of the best people i've ever met through racing. Have fun guys, because there was no way you weren't going to have fun when he was around.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

May have to adjust my plans!!!!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Would love to see any and all on that Saturday night having a few and remembering ol Mac.Even if you never met him please come by and let us tell you some of the insanely funny things he did on and off track.While Mac loved to race he enjoyed the off track hanging around meeting new people stuff way more.If you were ever paddocked next to him at a race you surely met him and probably helped him beat the dents out of his car at least once during a weekend!!
    And the tent will be heated so you'll be toasty warm all night.

Bump before we hit the road tomorrow afternoon. Hope to see lots of you there!
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region