Thread: 1996 bmw z3 - ita

Default 1996 bmw z3 - ita

SOLD

1996 BMW Z3 Race Car - Early production BMW "fleet" car originally prepared by TC Kline for Showroom Stock competition. Converted to IT in 2004. Last raced July 2008. Approx 25k miles on the car.

• 8-point welded cage, Hardtop bolted on, Driver's door gutted
    • Recaro race seat and Momo steering wheel
    • TC Kline suspension (springs, DA Konis, caster/camber plates) w/poly rear subframe and adjustable rear trailing arm bushings, front control arm spherical bearings
    • Custom 3.64:1 LSD installed, 3.45 and 4.27 open diffs included
    • 3 sets of wheels: 2 sets Team Dynamics w/old Hoosier R6s, 1 set stock wheels with unused Hoosier rains
    • Stock (as far as I know) 1.9 liter 4-cyl with cold-air intake, fresh plugs, stock computer
    • Brand new Carbotech brakes installed w/new rotors and rebuilt calipers, stainless brake lines
    • AMB transponder
    • Wired for Racepak data acquisition (negotiable)
    Will need new belts in 2012; needs rear bumper re-paint (currently red); Some spares (new engine & tranny mounts, oil and fuel filters, brake hardware, +misc parts); Have log books going back to the late '90s (Bob and Patty Tunnell raced this car at the Runoffs in SSB ).

Buyer responsible for pickup/shipping outside New England (delivery possible inside New England).

• Asking $8,000 or best offer (IT.com asking price)

E-mail Noam at noam.levine 'at' verizon.net for more info/pictures/etc..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nlevine; 01-18-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    -noam

On racing hiatus for a while
    NER SCCA

Quote Originally Posted by nlevine View Post
    Have log books going back to the late '90s (Bob and Patty Tunnell raced this car at the Runoffs in SSB ).
    This one? Here's a photo I took of Bob and Patty's cars at the '99 Runoffs. Bob's is a T2 M Coupe, Patty's was one of the TCK Z3 fleet.

Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Thread Drift Alert

The Tunnell's are two of the best people I've ever met, having known them since way back in the early '80s. If you haven't followed Bob's recent work in Afghanistan, you should check it out at BarekAub.com

K

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS View Post
    This one? Here's a photo I took of Bob and Patty's cars at the '99 Runoffs. Bob's is a T2 M Coupe, Patty's was one of the TCK Z3 fleet.
    Josh - That's the one. I also show it went to the Runoffs with the Tunnell's in 2000. The car was originally Atlantic Blue; a subsequent owner (prior to me) painted the car its current dark blue.

No "damage" entries in the logbook history for those that are interested.

Last raced in SSB April 2004
    First raced in ITA August 2004, total of 11 weekends (plus a couple of HPDE events) since 8/2004
    -noam

NER SCCA

Default New photos

I took advantage of the unseasonably warm weather to roll the car out of the garage and take some new pictures. You can find them at https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/2970...tures?h=e32bfa

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by nlevine; 12-02-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    -noam

NER SCCA