Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Championship????

Default Championship????

Trying to figure out all the championships within IT. ARRC, NARRC, IT fest, etc. Is there a thread or can someone explain what they all are? Is there a championship ladder (i.e. Playoffs then Super Bowl)?

Hmmm...

Interesting question!

K

Many , many championships...not all just IT. In the NE/ GLD we have NYSRRC and the Kryder Series, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by red986s View Post
    Trying to figure out all the championships within IT. ARRC, NARRC, IT fest, etc. Is there a thread or can someone explain what they all are? Is there a championship ladder (i.e. Playoffs then Super Bowl)?
    As Kirk says, good question.

I look at it in this fashion - the NARRC/SARRC series are road race points championships that test mettle and many tracks and finishes with a double points championship race.

The ARRC is a single road race at Road Atlanta that depends on nothing else, so essentially it is an Atlanta Road Racing Championship.

ProIT is another isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    Hmmm...

Interesting question!

K
    With a new answer coming soon (before the 2011 ARRC by GRM).

Stay tuned, IT fans...
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

The reason I ask is because my season in the MIDIV is over and that's it. The national drivers get the runoffs, IT drivers build up to.........

.........nothing. Just seems a shame.

I've kicked the idea around of switching to STU in order to get to the runoffs. Problem is I really like IT and want to stick with it. Having some sort of IT points system and a "national" IT runoffs would be the cat's azz! Yeah I know, dead horse.
    Last edited by red986s; 10-11-2011 at 04:14 PM.

The reason I ask is because my season in the MIDIV is over and that's it. The national drivers get the runoffs, IT drivers build up to.........

I've kicked the idea around of switching to STU in order to get to the runoffs. Problem is I really like IT and want to stick with it. Having some sort of IT points system and a "national" IT runoffs would be the cat's azz! Yeah I know, dead horse.
    Not to jump the shark on the deal, but expect an announcement within the next couple of weeks about the "next level" for IT drivers. A bunch of folks much smarter than me have been working on it and it's VERY close to coming to fruition for 2012!

(And yes, some folks think it's better than IT classes being invited to the Run-Ons)
    Last edited by Butch Kummer; 10-11-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: added snarky comment about the Runoffs...
    Butch Kummer

Wow! Can't wait to hear the details!
    Last edited by red986s; 10-11-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Mitch, just do like Albin and bring two cars to the event. This way you can qualify for Nationals and still run IT.
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Do you mean other than the ARRC? That has always been the official unoffical runoffs for IT cars.
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
    Do you mean other than the ARRC? That has always been the official unoffical runoffs for IT cars.
    I still think the NARRC Runnoffs have a lot more depth of cars that could win, in ITB anyway. To me that has always been the BIG year end event. Then again I have only made the trip to two ARRC events. I probably wont go back (in ITB ) unless the car counts spike at some point.

I think a "Real" runnoffs in IT needs to see 30+ IT cars in each class. I soooooo wish we could pull it off BUT it would take all regions working together throughout the country since I really think they would need to dump a bit of money into it to make it attractive like the National Runoffs.
    Last edited by StephenB; 10-12-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Wow! Can't wait to hear the details!
    I am interested as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    As Kirk says, good question.

I look at it in this fashion - the NARRC/SARRC series are road race points championships that test mettle and many tracks and finishes with a double points championship race.

The ARRC is a single road race at Road Atlanta that depends on nothing else, so essentially it is an Atlanta Road Racing Championship.

ProIT is another isn't it?

I think it all depends on the class as well. Some classes tend to migrate to a particular series. Here in the North East the ITB guys are geared towards NARRC. I would say the "core" Northeast ITB guys have been doing this a long time and holding onto the NARRC program. But the ITR guys are mostly running the Treadzone Pro-IT series. Heck this year we had the largest ITR field in country at WG during a Pro-IT race.

For me if I was going to run a series in the Northeast (with the cars I own) I don't watch the ITA and ITS closely enough. I think the Pro-IT ITS cars are very competitive but several of them double dip, just not sure if they are running the full NARRC schedule anymore.
    - In my ITB car I would go for the NARRC
    - In my ITR car I would go for the Pro-It.

Don't forget the PCRRC:

http://www.calclub.com/PCRRC.php
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Ralf - I think Albin has a money tree in his back yard! I have seriously considered double dipping (ITA/STx) but you need deep pockets to be competitive. Two cars/classes has to be expensive!

JLawton - Yeah like the ARRC but in a more "National/official" system.

StephenB - A "Real" IT Runoffs would be great!

Sounds like we're not alone wondering how we can make it happen. It would take a lot organization from all the divisions to make it work. We'll see I guess.

....We'll see I guess.
    Quoted for posterity. Yes, you will.

K

Anybody remember that there are a bunch of MARRS folks that would be interested?

Quote Originally Posted by callard View Post
    Anybody remember that there are a bunch of MARRS folks that would be interested?
    Yes.
    Butch Kummer

Butch, did you bribe someone to create this thread? lol

For the most part, I think there are specific races in regions which are highlights. I personally am not a follower of the NARRC championships (other than the NARRC Runoffs event itself). Generally speaking, it seems more of an attendence game.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Dave - I agree. Moving away from a registration competition is one of the benefits of the new idea. In our neck of the woods we have small fields in IT. Now sometimes they are high quality, with a few front running ARRC contenders in the mix, and other years if you show up to everything you might win. If this works as intended we could develop a premiere divisional IT event that brings out the best competition all at once consistently, while making a trip to the Fest and ARRC appealing to more people.

I am really looking forward to this thing.
    Last edited by shwah; 10-13-2011 at 12:41 PM.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com