Thread: Championship????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is this going to be an East coast or a National thing?

The West Coast guys will say it's an East Coast thing, but I'd prefer to say it's (currently) an "East of the Rockies" thing.

Three parts to the Championship:
    . The IT-Fest at Mid-Ohio in late July
    . The ARRC by GRM at Road Atlanta in early November
    . Your best single result at a number of well-attended "Elective" events

I'm not yet at liberty to disclose the entire schedule, but the closest to you, Mitch, would be the Firecracker Grand Prix at Hallett in July or the Kettle-Moraine at Road America in mid-August.

We currently have no West Coast events listed among the Elective races but we could easily add one or two if there's interest. Given that the eventual champion will most likely have to attend the IT-Fest AND the ARRC, however, I'm not sure any of the West Coast guys would be interested.
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

I would be fine adding an elective event on the West Coast (or a couple). However, I agree with Butch. Since you have to run the ARRC and the IT Fest, for guys in the Midwest and the Pacific Coast it will be tough to win unless you are committed to two long tows.

I'd still call this a National uh "tour" though. The vast majority of IT cars live and race east of the Rockies, with a majority of that majority east of the Mississippi, and even then with most of them concentrated in the SEDiv, the WDCR and the NEDiv.

We tried to keep a national perspective, but the focus had to be on how to we attract the "most best" IT cars to the scheudle.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Ok just wanted to make sure you kept us Midwest/Central/Texas IT drivers in mind. Can't speak for others but in the MiDiv, IT is the biggest game around. Lots of talent in ITA and ITB. We want a piece of the action!