Thread: Championship????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
    IMO the double point events should be eliminated.
    Are you referring to the double races? or the NARRCoffs? or both?
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"

I suspect Dan was speaking in general terms.

Big-picture, there's something of a cause-effect conundrum going on with those. We tried to pick the highest-profile, best-attended Elective events available in each geographic area. That made the "doubles" (e.g. the SARRC/MARRS) an obvious answer. And a desire for points-keeping simplicity makes it hard to untangle the "which race counts?" question if the event runs two sanction numbers.

At the same time, one secondary benefit of the ITNT is that it might even further raise the profile of those events, perhaps encouraging someone to travel to one if (for example) they care about Tour points and blow up at their local Elective event.

Yes - It does give the person with a double near home a numerically better shot compared to someone with a single Elective race nearby. The scale seems to tip away from that consideration though.

K

Based on the quote he posted, I believe that Dan is referring specifically to the NARRC championship(just not sure to what end) and not to the ITNT which I THINK is what you are assuming based on your reply.

In regards to the ITNT: I really like the concept as well as the choice of qualifying races(atleast the northeastern ones, as they are all I know). WGI and LRP are totally different tracks and those are both great/big/popular events. Also, it will def make the Fun One a bit more meaningful...

I don't know what next year will hold store for me just yet, but I'll be as involved in the IT community as possible. Worse comes to worse I will just continue watching from a far...

Quote Originally Posted by Knestis View Post
    I suspect Dan was speaking in general terms.

Big-picture, there's something of a cause-effect conundrum going on with those. We tried to pick the highest-profile, best-attended Elective events available in each geographic area. That made the "doubles" (e.g. the SARRC/MARRS) an obvious answer. And a desire for points-keeping simplicity makes it hard to untangle the "which race counts?" question if the event runs two sanction numbers.

At the same time, one secondary benefit of the ITNT is that it might even further raise the profile of those events, perhaps encouraging someone to travel to one if (for example) they care about Tour points and blow up at their local Elective event.

Yes - It does give the person with a double near home a numerically better shot compared to someone with a single Elective race nearby. The scale seems to tip away from that consideration though.

K
    Chris Rallo "the kid"
    -- "wrenching and racing" -- "will race for food!" -- "Onward and Upward"